{How You Meet *Ashton*}

You worked at a café everyday after school just to earn a little more cash for college. Every Friday night would be karaoke night, so customers, or staff members would go up and perform a song for everyone. The strange thing was where the café was built, apparentally a bunch of celebrities stop by to get a drink or eat. You've seen Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, even One Direction! Its been chaotic when they come, but you've learned to keep it cool. Tonight, no one was really doing anything with the karaoke machine. You sat at the counter drinking some coffee with your coworker; Jenny.

"You should go perform !" she insisted.

You nearly spit out your drink. You had major stage fright, even singing 'Row Row Row your boat' in 3rd grade was scary. You shook your head vigorously before glancing at the equipment set up on the stage. You shook your head again; turning around to the counter.

"I'll go up there with you." your coworker said, taking a sip of her coffee.

You began tapping your foot on the chair and biting your lip ever so lightly. Your heart began to pick up the pace, and before you knew it, your mouth spoke before you could even think.

"Okay !" Your eyes widened.

She grabbed your wrist and dragged you up onto the stage. You looked up and saw everyone beginning to stare at the two of you. You pushed a lock of hair behind your ear and looked at the screen of songs. Your manager walked past both of you, grabbing a microphone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first performers up here tonight. Two of our own, Y/N and Jenny !" he said: signaling to you both.

You glanced up and smiled at everybody. You looked back at the screen and continued to scroll through songs until one song caught your eye, and apparentally Jenny too.

"Let's do that song !" you said, with a little grin on your face.

You walked up to the microphone stand and adjusted the stand to fit your height, as did Jenny. You both looked at each other and you took a deep breath and the music began to come on and play. Jenny grabbed her microphone and started the beginning.

'For awhile we pretended

That we never had end it

But we new we'd have to say goodbye.

You were crying at the airport

When they finally closed the plane doors

I could barely hold it all inside.

You joined in for the next piece, creating a perfect harmony. You couldn't believe what you were hearing. Both your voices connecting was a beautiful sound. Just as the chorus came on, the bell to the front door ran as someone walked in. You didn't really care who it was, as you continued singing. Your solo came up and you became shaky.

'I could fly a thousand oceans

But there's nothing that compares

To what we had and so I walk alone.

I wish I didn't have to be gone,

Maybe you've already moved on,

But the truth is I don't want to know.'

Some cheers scattered from the audience. You looked up and glanced at everyone till someone caught your eye.

Ashton Irwin. From 5sos. Was there, listening to you sing. Your body instantly froze up and Jenny began singing the duet by herself. She dropped out and soon the music faded out. Everyone was murmuring along themselves. You tensed up before dropping the microphone, making a screeching sound and running down the steps and out the café.

You went to one of the outside tables and sat down. You placed your elbow on the table and rested your head in your hand. You pulled out your phone and set it on the table, doing who knows what.

'I'm so pathetic' you mumbled to yourself.

You heard the bell ring again and footsteps coming closer and closer behind you. The person swooped around and sat in the chair on the other side. You continued to keep your eyes down on your phone until they took it away.

" Hey, give that back !" you shouted.

The person kept pulling your phone away and started playing around with it. You got angrier and got up; trying to reach it. You were able to see who it was by the extra lights outside.

Ashton.

His hazel eyes locked with yours for a good few seconds, before he slid your phone across the table to you. You broke the gaze and took your phone and put it back in your pocket. You looked back up at him and sat back down in the chair.

"Why did you stop singing ? You have an incredible voice !" he said; giving you a cheeky smile; revealing his dimples.

You couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

"Well, first I was really starstruck because I'm like obsessed with your band and I just get bad stage fright." you admit.

He gave you a concerned look and then chuckled a bit. He got up and bent down beside you and put his arm around your shoulder; which made little goosebumps form on your arms. You tied to hide them, but then realized it was dark out.

"Well, if I may be honest, I think you have a lovely voice, and you shouldn't be afraid. It must've taken you some guts to get up there, but you know what ? You did, and you tried your best, that's all that counts, okay ?" he reassured you.

You gave him a big smile and nodded. He stood up and fixed his hair. You stood up too, facing him.

"Good, I'm glad that helped. It was really nice meeting you..."

"Y/N!" you finished off; a rosy pink colour forming on your cheeks.

"Y/N. Hope to see you around again." he said.

He saved goodbye before heading back to his car. You saw him drive away and he beeped his horn at you, which made you laugh. You grabbed your phone and as you walked back into the café, you saw something already up in your 'Notes' section. After you read it, your jaw dropped. There was no doubt about it, you were Starstruck.

'555-1298 Ash(;'