RANT/AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys, so today I have kind of an important topic to talk about. Lately I've been seeing a lot of people talk about thigh gaps and how they always want one and it's kind of becoming obsessive. I know we all see these pictures of these Tumblr models with thigh gaps and perfect legs and perfect bodies and we all say we want that so bad, but sometimes it can lead to really bad things like starving yourself or over exercising yourself to make you even more weak.

I just want to put that out there that it's okay not to have a thigh gap. It doesn't do anything for you. You're not going to become the president, you're not going to be able to meet your favorite boy band by getting a gap between your legs. I'm not trying to criticize anybody. Gap or not, you're all beautiful and I just want you to know that.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I saw a video on YouTube about this girl who saying that it's extremely important to have a thigh gap and she never once said that if you don't have a thigh that you're beautiful. I know we are all looking forward to that summer body and we all want to try and stay fit, lose weight, or even gain weight, but no matter what you're always beautiful. Your body was made the way you were made to be. Studies show if you have narrow hips (like me), your thighs will naturally touch, if you have wider hips, you're more likely to have a tiny gap.

I know a lot of us are insecure, whether it's about acne, our bodies, or just in general. It is a very sensitive topic to talk about, and I'm not trying to hurt anybody while I'm saying this. I just had to make my point across because it annoys me how people see certain things. Me personally, I have really big thighs and I don't have a thigh gap, and I'm not looking for a gap. I'm just trying to tone up my muscles.

And if you are striving to loose some weight or tone up some muscle, don't forget these things..

• We're (majority of us) are teenagers. Our bodies are still developing, growing and changing.

• It's not gonna happen overnight. Things like this take time, possibly a few months from what I've researched.

•Do NOT starve yourself. That's the worst possible thing you could do. Don't change your eating habits completely, just stick to more fruit and veggies :-)

• Guys won't stare at you and think 'oh she doesn't have a thigh gap, she's ugly', guys won't love you for a gap in your legs and if they do, they're dickheads. However, some guys may find it cute but not something to obsess over.

•If you have a thigh gap, I'm not trying to put you down, some people prefer thigh gaps and that's understandable. I respect everyone's personal opinion, I just had to put my opinion out there, so I hope you understand and don't take this as an offense.

If you guys ever need anybody to talk to you about sensitive topics, you can always talk to me through here or kik. My kik is rhiannah_nicholas. If you took the time to read this, thank you and my rant is pretty much over now haha. I love you guys so much and you're all beautiful, don't you forget it! xx

(and plus, if your thighs touch, you're that much closer to becoming a mermaid (; to enlighten your day)