one

annelise(lowercase intended)

"get up!" annelise's mother yelled as she pulled the blanket off her body, letting cold air hit annelise's body making her hairs raise. she opened her eyes immediately and saw that her mother shut the door loudly behind her. she swung her legs to the side of her bed, placing her bare feet on the wooden floor, releasing a creak noise from below her feet. she stood up straight and walked to the bathroom across her room.

"better move faster than that. that bloody train won't be the only thing that you would be late to." annelise's mother yelled from across the hall, hands on her skinny waist, face scrunched up into anger. her older brother; samuel was already dressed up waiting for his younger sister to get ready. annelise ignored her mother's call and moved slower than ever. it was only 7 in the morning and she had enough time to get dressed, eat breakfast, and walk to kings cross with her brother.

she had finished dressing up and she looked at herself in the mirror, quite satisfied. her hair was down, showing her short, brown locks with blonde tips. she was wearing her black skinny jeans with white converse, her top was a yellow shirt tucked in her jeans loosely. she spun on her heel and walked towards her bed, where her packed trunk was. she closed the lid and flipped the locks up to secure the trunk. she pulled it down and grabbed her owl; midnight, she was a charcoal black with white spots on her making her looking like the midnight sky. she held them both tightly with trouble. her trolley for her things were across the hall and carrying these two things were making her slower.

"i got it annie." samuel chuckled. he stood up from the seat where he sat and walked over to annelise grabbing midnight's cage and placing it on the trolley. annelise pulled her trunk behind her and placing it next to midnight's cage.

"thanks sam." she smiled at her older brother, who was towering over her.

"anytime. now eat your breakfast. mum is outside watering the plants. oh and your letter is here. can't believe mum actually allowed you to go this year." samuel smiled, he walked next to annelise sitting next to her.

"yeah, can't believe mum accepted it... d'you--think--i'm--going--to--be--in--the--same--house--as--you?" annelise asked as she bit her toast and chewed releasing only one word at a time. samuel licked his lips and looked out the window, "i hope not. not that there is anything wrong it's just... the people there are scum, especially one of them. don't wanna talk about them though. they're not worth a second of your day."

annelise finished her toast and ate her fruits. she scrunched up her eyebrows and thought about it. "is snake-ring really that bad?" she looked at samuel who smiled at that. "uh, slytherin you mean. and not saying it's bad, but most people who enter are horrible, not that i am." samuel replied. "oh and do you have everything from diagon alley?" samuel moved the slytherin topic aside and stood up pushing her trolley closer.

"i think so." annelise said unsure of herself. "unless you have your wand and pet... i think you'll manage." samuel smirked and sat back down next to her.

annelise had finished her breakfast and she stared at the hogwarts letter in front of her. she chewed on her bottom lip and her palms grew sweaty. she had absolutely no idea why she was so nervous. shouldn't she be happy she is going to hogwarts, instead of staying at home all day hearing her mother complain about muggles?

"go on...open it." samuel patted her back and reached for the letter handing it to annelise.

she took it from samuel's hands and felt the soft parchment at her fingertips. her name was plastered on the front along with her address. the writing was the neatest writing annelise has ever saw. she turned it around and saw the burgundy, hogwarts stamp, sealing the envelope flap down. her thumb slipped under the opening of the flap opening the envelope and taking out the piece of parchment inside. she unfolded the letter and began reading it. her eyes scanning and analyzing every word.