seven

annelise
"there is nothing more painful than grieving someone who's still living." -rupi kaur

the sky was painted different shades of grey and the clouds seemed to be swarming, the thunder rumbled and lightning flashed in the sky; the potions in snape's class kept shaking every time thunder rolled. all the students were closing their eyes slowly as snape's monotone voice and the rainy aura cannot keep them awake, except for annelise who was moving her quill at a fast pace, with her tongue sticking out a bit, and paying attention to snape. the bell rang and everyone's eyes shot open shoving their books, quill, and ink in their bag, trying not to smash the bottle of ink.

"how were you doing that?" harry asked annelise waiting for her. stand on the left side, avoiding any shoves from the slytherin students and mocks.

"doing what?" annelise chuckled and put her bag over her shoulder.

"staying awake the whole lesson!" harry threw his arms down and raised his voice to a squeak.

"just don't focus on anything else besides the lesson." annelise plainly said walking towards the exit with harry.

"you and hermione are alike, i think i'm gonna puke." ron's voice spoke up behind them. they both spun their heads around and hermione wasn't next to ron as draco hexed her.

"speaking of hermione, i really hope she's alright." annelise worriedly said.

"i hope not." a blunt voice said behind them. the three of them looked at each other and mouthed, 'malfoy' and clicked their teeth; they looked at malfoy who look uninterested to see the three of them.

"we didn't ask for your opinion." harry said through gritted teeth. malfoy rolled his eyes and shoved them out of the way.

"wait, mr. malfoy and ms. collins." snape called out and annelise groaned, malfoy stepped back inside and they both walked towards snape.

"we'll see you at charms then." ron announced and ran out with harry. annelise and draco didn't say a word or made eye contact, they both waited impatiently as snape looked at the both of them.

"ms. collins, you will be tutoring mr. malfoy here. he is failing as he has a 'T' in potions and you have the highest grade in the class; you will be tutoring him twice a week and it will be held in the library, i will meet the both of you there to know if you attend. no if's, and's, or but's." he said then stared at the both of them with his soul-less eyes scanning their faces. "now off to second period." snape shooed them away. annelise ran out of the room--she didn't want to become late.

she reached the charms classroom before the bell rang and saw an empty seat next to harry; she walked towards it and sat next to him, with ron on the opposite side of her.

"snape needed you because?" harry whispered. his green emeralds glistened as he stared at annelise.

"tutoring." she plainly said sighing, moving her hair away from her face.

"you're being tutored by malfoy? what a stupid, little--"

"no--no, i'm tutorting malfoy." she breathed out and looked across from her, avoiding harry's eye contact. looking across was even worse, her eyes melted into malfoy's grey eyes, locking together; her brown eyes and his grey eyes were no combination, but they always seemed to stay together. her brown eyes quickly took a sharp turn and looked at professor flitwick. she could feel harry's eyes still burning on her face, but she didn't look, her mood had completely changed in the matter of 3 minutes. who knew someone like draco could ruin someone's day.