five

annelise
"i'm not entirely here. half of me has disappeared." -the nbhd

annelise entered the dorm and it looked similar to the common room, except it had 5 poster beds. each bed had dark green curtains on each side and it's headboard was black. annelise finally caught on and realized that the house colour was green.

she noticed her trunk on top of a bed. she walked towards it and sat down on the edge of her bed. letting her become comfortable and inspect where she is going to lay down.

"quiet millicent!" a voice behind the door roared. annelise shot her head up as she stared at the door. she saw the black knob turn and the door swung open. she saw two girls standing, one skinny with a pug face and the other quite chubby with a dull look.

"you're in the same year as us?" the skinny one spoke up as she placed her hands on her waist. annelise remembered her from earlier and tried not to talk back to her as she was being horribly rude.

annelise shook her head and ignored the both of them afterwards.

"who is she anyways?" the chubby girl asked. "i don't know, millicent!" the skinny one scoffed. annelise tried to not eavesdrop, but the fact they're in the same room and talking loudly, there was no way she could block their voices out.

"you and malfoy are officially together?"

"we've been together for a while now, how many times do i have to remind you!"

"sorry, i just get distracted."

"obviously."

"oh pansy, you are a lucky girl. you are with a malfoy. that is such an honor."

"i know. i guess we parkinson's have a gift."

annelise snorted silently as she stood up and unlocked her trunk. she pulled the locks up and pushed the top off. the trunk revealed all the clothes she has chosen. she went through the pile and sorted out her nightwear. her fingertips running through each shirt, skirt, pants, etc, until she finally found her pajamas and white shirt. after endless amounts of clothing stacked on top of each other, she finally found what she was looking for. she grabbed the both of them and put them under her arm.

she closed the trunk and lay the clothes on her bed as she put the trunk underneath her bed. the wooden floor was strong enough to not break as she dropped the trunk on the floor by accident. she stayed quiet and didn't hear the two girls stop talking. she sighed in relief and jumped on her bed. she closed the curtains and thank merlin as they were thick/dark enough so you wouldn't be able to see the other side of it.

she got dressed into her nightwear. afterwards, she grasped the curtain in her hands and dragged them back, so they were revealing her. she jumped as she saw the two girls standing a couple feet away from her.

"i don't think we gave you a proper introduction." the skinny one said as she plastered a fake smile on her face.

annelise gulped loudly and tucked a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"okay." she whispered and waited for a response.

"pansy parkinson. i'm terribly sorry for being rude to you earlier." she said as her voice squeaked. 'highly doubt that she is sorry' annelise thought as she nodded slowly.

pansy stepped forward and stuck her hand out. annelise stared at it for a moment; she didn't trust them one bit. it was fairly strange how they would stop talking so that they would introduce themselves. annelise reached her hand out and shook it. pansy gripped her hand firmly, almost crushing her hand. she winced and pulled away. she held onto her hand and released a smile. pansy backed away and had a smirk on her face as she looked at annelise.