sell out

Samantha's pov

"Sam!! If I call you one more time woman I will drag you down here myself..."

yes yes whatever, if people heard her they would think she was my mother. Although I know she means well my sister Amy can be such a pain sometimes.

"Coming!" I yell back down at her. I don't want her to change her mind about baby sitting Joshua tonight, this dinner date with my boss and this special client was something I couldn't afford to miss if I planned on keeping my job.

"what took you so long. I thought it was all business tonight. Don't bother answering that, it's just that I know this job is important to you and I don't want my precious Joshua homeless anyway so get a move on."

"Bye baby boy, be a little angle for your aunt Amy even when she's being a pain in the behind" I tell my four month old baby boy

"I heard that" I hear Amy say behind me.

"call me if you need me immediately, I gotta run now" however much I wanted to stay in tonight I had to leave and ensure not to run late.I love the decision I made to come back to home to England after my time in Africa but I still hated the weather here. Luckily I arrived at the Hilton hotel with 30minutes to spare in order to freshen up.

I worked for Alexander Sheen owner of Shine brand. I the job through a favour I did for her last p.a Maggie who was currently on maternity leave.

"I'm selling out to Wang industries" my boss says to me as I sit by her at the table. We still had 15 minutes before the client was due to arrive.

Wang industries??
did I just hear her right?
Charlie Wangfern's company?

with what I know about business I know it won't be him coming in tonight

"did you just miss the part where I said I'm selling out?"
oh shit
Alexander as she demanded with no short forms, was now glaring at me.
I should have faked reaction because I knew she was selling out I just didn't know to whom.

"why?" I ask her to fill the awkward silence that had just become.

"Non of your business" she replies coldly, seriously this woman, she complains when I don't react the way she wants me to and snaps when I do.

"Good Evening ladies" I hear I voice right in front of us.
Matt, Charlie's right hand man was standing there clearly surprised to see me.

"I'm Mathew Jones of Wang industries and this behind me is my team. should we get straight to business?"
after all the introductions were made we got down to business immediately to determine whether the company was good enough for Wang industries to buy it.

After the meeting I go to the bar to order a drink and get my mind off all those numbers and the dread of Charlie finding out where I was for Joshua's sake.

"I suppose you don't want Charlie to know you are going to be his employee now do you?" I hear Matt behind me.

"thank you for not showing you knew me" I sincerely tell him. Alexander would have my head if she knew I knew the Charlie Wangfern and didn't let her know.

"no problem. so what's the matter?"
one of the things I regret about leaving was Matt. we had grown  to be good friends at the time I was together with Charlie, but I had to cut all connections I had to him when I left including Matt.

"scared of losing my job and Charlie knowing where to find me now"
it's part of the truth I guess but st would have to do for now.

"I promise not to tell though you know if will find out eventually. And no need to worry about your job I'll make sure you have one whatever happens."

It was nice to spend some time with Matt but I had to leave and make sure Amy hadn't scared my little angel to death.

"hope we can do this again"
I hear Matt shout behind me whilst I walked away.

Charlie's pov

I was really exited about London this year due to the new company 'shine' I was planning on buying.
It was something different from all the other things my company had and wanted to try retail anyway.

my flight had arrived late due to bad weather which made me miss my meeting with the famous Alexander Sheen so I decided to send Matt who was already in the country to go in my place instead.

Minutes from my the meeting together with notes from Matt on how the meeting went the previous night were on my desk when I got back from my morning meeting in the hotel room.

As usual I was in the presidential suit at the Hilton though after Samantha left this room seems slightly bigger than usual still.

I decided to go through Matt's notes first as they would be more to the point and just skim over the minutes later on tonight after dinner as they would be more effective and more to the point than the minutes.

the day went well with Matt spending the day with me in preparation before the big meeting in three days.

his direct approval for 'shine' was both encouraging and suspicious as this had never happened before.

it was either the company books were really good and Matt genuinely liked it or he was hiding something from me.
I decided to go for the first option as it wasn't in Matt's style to be secretive.

sitting in bed before I dozed off I remembered I hadn't looked at the minutes of the previous night meeting.
although I completely trusted Matt's judgement it was a habit of a lifetime so I picked them up looking to see who attended the meeting.

I'm really exited that I get to share this with you guys
please please please please comment on what you think and vote too.
Ideas and constructive criticism are also much appreciated.

I realise the name Wangfern is weird yes but it's kinda the only thing I had in mind then. I also apologise for spelling and grammatical mistakes in advance ;-)