The Boss

Samantha's pov

However much I loved my baby I also like having some beauty sleep too, these are the days I thank good graces for having a sister. Even with all the traffic and baby mess I still managed to get to work on time so all is well.

As I entered the building I noticed more staff than usual were there at that time of day. Mary for one, I had never seen her here early or on time before, I'm guessing its the beauty of the unknown.

'Morning darling' I hear Steve behind me. In the three months I had been here Steve had made it a point of wanting more than official office relationship be known constantly to me. This however was the very same reason as to why Mary hated me, but seriously anyone with eyes and more than a half grain of rice as a brian would see I wasn't interested.

'Good Morning to you Steve but I best be going' I say hurriedly to him as I head towards the elevator. 'come now honey we all know the devil herself is gone so what's the rush?' he grabs on to my arm spinning me round to face him. I'm seriously trying to remember that move Amy taught me that had something to do with using my elbow to hit the attackers ribs, should have paid more attention to her. 'now that's better honey, I don't know where you rushing off to when we got unfinished business. Come with me now' he's trying to pull me towards the side meeting room near the reception whilst I'm struggling out of his hold. what the hell happened to the people who work here?
why hasn't anyone come to help me? 'can you all stop staring and so something!' I yell out at them.

'Get your hands off her and go pack up your desk, your fired.'
A very authoritative voice booms from the entrance which was behind me, this voice I could identify even in my sleep. is never in a million years thought he would be here in person today to give staff instructions
I thought he would let Matt do that then probably visit tomorrow.
oh shit what to do now?

with so many other thoughts going through my head I don't even notice that Steve has let go of me or that the voice had taken the form of a man standing now before me.
I dare not look up at him, not now when everyone was watching us. we had history and that was all it was or ever will be I keep tellin myself just so that I don't loose it and do something I will regret.

'Samantha are you okay?' it's obvious everyone is surprised that if knows me so at this point I might as well woman up and just face him right? or maybe not? I think I should, I mentally argue with myself. 'Yes I'm fine Charlie and that wasn't all necessary don't you think?' 'so you want that man who wanted you know what off you just now to stay here? are you together and just having a disagreement? what is it Sam as I fail to see why you would still want him here?' honestly he had a point but that's not even what I meant. I know I was asking for help but I had it under control I try telling myself, I just meant if didn't have to be my night in shining armour. now however that he mentioned if or not I want him to stay maybe I could try keep Steve, just to see what Charlie would do and also get on his nerves a little. So I think I'll play along with this one.

'so what if I don't think you should have fired him? it's my opinion and by law and human nature too I am allowed to have that' well that's sort of a good come back I lie to myself. 'do you want me to keep him?' I can hear Charlie who still hasn't left my side to pack away silently beg me to stay. Amy would kill me if i let this idiot stay but I think it's the right thing to do I slowly convince myself.

'Yes' I say to him, audible gasps around tell me that I chose wrong. Oh well, too late to turn back now so I think to do just the opposite; go to my office. I stare at Charlie right in the eyes and walk away towards an elevator that had just arrived. thank the fates that was only 10 steps away so I just got there as the doors were closing.
with the doors shutting me in this metal cage I am disappointed he didn't run after me.

Charlie's pov

Watching her walking away from me was one of the most frustrating things, I dare not run after her with all new employees watching, the press would have a field day with that so I just stand and watch her walk away from me. 

‘One more foot out of line and you fill find your ass on the side walk do you hear me?’ better to deal with this perv of a man now before this gets out of hand, ‘yes sir, thank you sir’ he replies to me all his manliness drained from him ‘don’t thank me’ I say to him and walk away in the direction of the heads office.

 I had decided to arrive ahead of schedule to see Sam first before addressing the staff only to find her being molested and everyone just watching. I just don’t know what to think of this woman anymore, is she together with him? Is that why no one was helping her? Was she a one of those women into different guys at the same time? First Matt and now whoever the hell that was.

I enter the main office expecting it to be empty only to find Samantha in Matt’s arms crying. ‘Am I interrupting something?’ I ask staring straight at Matt. I immediately hate myself; I really need to think before I speak next time. ‘Sam I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that’ I did but obviously I won’t let that show. I just don’t understand why I’m even apologising to her honestly; I haven’t really done anything wrong.

‘Charlie how could you do that? That’s a new low even for you’ I have no idea what Matt is talking about, I haven’t done anything wrong really. ‘Following us yesterday?’ oh no. ‘How do you know about that?’ ‘It’s not how I know it’s why you did it’ this is just not how I had imagined our reunion to be and it just kept getting worse.

‘I just happened to be out and saw you, got me curious’ I know how arrogant that just sounds but it’s the best I have. ‘You’re a bustard!’ Sam yells at me and leaves the office. ‘What was she doing in here and why did you have to out on me like that to her?’ I ask Matt. He knows how I really wanted to see her again and just settle things down with her.

‘You deserve it after that entry remark of yours, so, will you run after her or should I do the honours again? I don’t know what took you so long to get here anyway.’

He doesn’t even let me answer the question as he leaves the office ‘no wait!’ I had to be the one to do this I think to myself as I run after her not really knowing where I was going. ‘Where did she go?’ I ask one of the staff clearly looking to see what the drama is about ‘ground floor sir’ please let her not have left the building.

On the ground floor there is still no sign of her so I think to I should probably try the bathrooms. ‘You won’t find her in there’ a voice says to my right. ‘she said something about going to see Joshua, I don’t know who this Joshua before you ask me she just seems to always rush to him so you can just make the assumption. I don’t know why she always trying to get Steve when she already got Joshua but that now for me to say or judge really.’ I don’t know is I should take what she said seriously but with what I had seen so far the evidence was just pointing towards Mary being right, at least I think that was what her name was.

I just had to warn Matt and keep a close eye on her.

hey ya'll again... this chapter was still a working progress but I just had to post something tonight so I shall unleash it to all, I hope you like it. please please please tell me what you think and what you would like to see all comments will be appreciated and don't froget to vote ;) x