A Step Forward

Hey beautiful people, first of all Happy New yr. I feel so great and blessed to be back with 2 updates and a whole leap of editing (thanks for the comments that alerted me of a whole heap of need to do’s) yet to be done but oh well...

Anyway won’t keep ya’ll for long, just two points to make

1.     If you haven’t read the Mischievous Mrs. Maxfield your seriously missing out!!!

2.     Thanks for the support please vote and comment I have seen the endless update ones so here is another one... <3 J

Charlie’s Pov

As I entered the room, the ladies on the seat looked up making me aware that I had answers that had to be given to the imaginary questions they were throwing my way.

‘What’s the plan?’ Amy asked the question that I knew had been roaming in her head since she met me. I also knew there was a whole heap of grilling that would be coming my way concerning her sister but that wasn’t something I would concern myself with right now.

‘I know you both want to know why I don’t trust Matt and you also think me foolish for thinking he would betray me’ I start off not really knowing what I was going to say to them.

‘That’s a start,’ Mary retorts back

‘Isn’t someone’s knickers in a twist for the first time in forever’ Amy scolds her sister and I know it’s time I say something before they get at each other.

‘Matt has a past that is not as clean as he would have you believe it to be, I hope I’m wrong and that there isn’t anything going on with him behind my back. He told you that he was gay which I know for a fact is not true, he’s done that time and again and usually it’s to execute some sort of plan he has going on in his mind.’

There wasn’t much a could tell them for there to be understanding toward the behaviour I was exhibiting in regards to my own right hand man in the office and elsewhere only when convenient.

‘Mary also had to be dealt with, the proper way, I don’t just want to fire her without teaching her some sort of lesson on humane treatment’ at this point I was just laying down what I felt needed to be done but the elephant in the room was something I dare not touch with an audience.

‘That fucking bitch again? What did she do this time?’ Amy nearly yells but Sam got to her before she woke our son, the thought of ‘our son’ made my mind wander a bit but I knew I had to pay attention to what was going on right at this moment. It was time I man up and take control of my life and family interests.

I filled them in with what Mary had planned and proposed to me, I explained what I did and with the way the atmosphere was tensing up in the room I had to get it all out before all hell broke loose.

‘I’m so sorry I did this and of all the accusation I held against you,’ I apologise to Sam again, she had already forgiven me but I needed to show her I meant it, I also had to try and get into Amy’s good books before she killed me.

I assured them I would deal with the two issues and promised to keep them updated.

‘Amy may I speak to Sam alone please?’

She fist glares at me before allowing me a small smile then retreats to their room informing Sam she would watch over Joshua whilst waiting for her before she slept.

I decided to move seats and sit next to Sam, before sitting I look at her silently asking for permission which she gives simply by giving me a soft almost invisible smile. As I take my seat, he phone which is between us rings, Matt’s face is fills the screen. Sam looks at me, I know she is deliberating whether or not to take the call or let her voicemail pick it up. I indicate that she should just answer and she grabs the her phone ready to answer the call.

Samantha’s Pov

I feel like killing Matt right now, he has one of the worst timings of all time, I know he was ready to talk about it and give me his answer and this idiot chooses this time to call me?

‘Baby girl where are you? Did you guys forget I was supposed to be staying over for the weekend?’ he started talking immediately before I even had the chance to give the customary greeting.

I knew then that he didn’t know I was with Charlie; I could even bet my non-existent salary that he didn’t know Charlie had pulled together the courage to face me and try to sort things out. I however believed in him as a good person despite what Charlie would have me believe and I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

‘Sorry Matt I was just so upset and to cheer me up Amy came with away with me to cool off now that I don’t have a job’ I reply trying my best to be truthful whilst actually keeping the whole truth away from him.

‘That’s alright babe, are you sure your okay though? I could come to where you guys are...’

‘No I’m fine thanks Matt’ I reply quickly, ‘I think I’ll just enjoy this family time alone, I rarely get this opportunity, sorry I don’t mean to be rude’ I continue on without giving him any chance to plead his case of coming to where we were.

‘You know you don’t have to worry about Charlie, what he’s done is wrong but I’m here for you... I could take care of you and Joshua if you let me’

I knew that Charlie could hear the conversation from where he was sitting and I was afraid to look up into his eyes after what Matt just said. I however risk a glance and his eyes are murderous, time to end he call say to myself.

‘Thanks for the call Matt but Amy is waiting for me, I’ll talk to you later. Sorry again but I really gotta go now, goodnight’ I don’t wait for him to reply to that, I just end the call and throw my phone over to the next seat after ensuring it was on silent mode.

Turning back to Charlie I don’t know where to go from here or how he will react to what he has just heard on top of all that had happened in the last few days.

‘I don’t want to think about him right now and I would wish that you didn’t either’ he says to me, honestly, I wasn’t expecting that at all from him.

‘Alright I won’t but you need to tell me where it is we are going to move on from here’ I say to him gently, we were in a peaceful mood and I didn’t want to destroy that or what could be.

‘It’s not that I’ve been trying to dodge answering you, I just wasn’t expecting you to propose to me. With you I knew what I wanted a long time ago, I should never have let you leave me, all this time I’ve been blaming a lot of things but I didn’t man up and run after you...’

‘Charlie don’t blame yourself for actions that I decided on myself, you don’t have to apologise for Joshua, we have already discussed this, that was my mistake and I’m sorry I put you through not knowing about our son, it’s an inexcusable thing to do’

I don’t want him to shoulder blame that isn’t his to; I just want to know where we are to move on from here

‘I know that we have a long way to go and that we are very far from perfect, I want you to know that my heart, mind and body never forgot you...’ I crushed my lips to his not really caring what words came out after what he had just confessed. I knew that everything was going to work out; we just had to work on it and ensure others don’t interfere or so I thought.

He held grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him of the sofa, pulling me closer and closer to his hard lean chest. I wanted all that I could get of him at this moment; his lips reminded me of days that we would spend in bed together, our tongues danced and just as I remember his craved and gained dominance much to my pleasure. This reminded me most of how our pride and joy little Joshua came to being, making me realise I still loved...yes loved... this man.

‘Sam yes I will marry you’ that makes me freeze, he stops and looks me strain into my eyes,

‘yes I will marry you, but I also have some conditions of my own.’