Twist and turn

Hey everyone its been longer than it should have since I uploaded a new chapter so i made this one slightly longer too. its 1000+ reads and there really isnt anything more a writer could ask for appart from that people read what we write so thank you everyone.

This chapter is dedicated to all my followers and everyone who left a comment thank you very muc; I try my best to reply to the ones i can. Enjoy ;) x

Mary’s Pov

With what had been going down since Charlie arrived it was obvious the two had something going on between the two of them. I suspect that her son is probably Charlie’s but I was sure that he had no idea. As all mothers, well most of them did, I’m pretty sure she will have her sons picture in her office. I had one of my son and they were around the same age. I loved my baby Ryan and that was why I didn’t tell the world about him. His picture was buried at the bottom of my desk with one in my bag so no one would find out. He looked just like his dad Steve whom also doesn’t know about his existence.

I knew I had only a few minutes before the two men in the office finished off so I started looking at the objects on Sam’s office desk ensuring the door joining it to the office was completely closed. Sure enough there was a picture of her son on the side of her desk.

I dig the picture at the bottom of my desk and replace the picture in the frame with that of my son. Just as I take my place outside the door of the main office I hear Matt leave the office and Charlie opens the door with a smile on his face.

Samantha’s Pov

I think I should probably start by telling him about his son. But to be serious he had just insulted him not an hr ago. Then we had this meeting coming up that was already postponed and I know he wanted to brief me about it as his temp PA now that he was the one using the main office.

‘I see you have decided to take the easy option and not make my life difficult’ this guy really thinks too much of himself of late, what happened to the guy who un-fired Steve because I asked him not to. There was something fishy about this and I know that if I don’t tell him now about Joshua it may be too late.

‘I don’t want to fight with you about what happened, I was actually on my way to apologise and ask you for my job back when I saw Matt’ by mentioning Matt his face changed into a sour look. Ha, so these two had something going on that they were both hiding from me I just didn’t know what. Well since Matt was staying over for the weekend there was more than enough time to get the information out of him.

‘It’s about Joshua, Charlie I know this is going to be hard to believe but you got it all wrong. He’s yours…’ the look in his eyes just made me panic. It’s obvious he didn’t believe me and I had to make him see that I was telling him the truth. I mean just one look at him and it’s clear that he is the dad. But how the hell was I even going to get him to agree to see Joshua. ‘Stop feeding me all these lies so you can get off easy, are you also going to tell me that you run because you were pregnant? Why did you run? Why not tell me that first?’

Oh he was really mad, but it’s not the time to worry about that now. It was all or nothing for Joshua. ‘I was afraid when I left as I found out exactly who you were, I didn’t know what to do so I panicked. Charlie please listen all that matters right now is Joshua and that he needs his dad too. I have a picture in my office, just one look and you will know he’s yours, he looks just like you, I swear.’

Charlie’s Pov

I could see it in her eyes that she was telling the truth but my brain couldn’t get rid of the image of the three outside the house yesterday when I went to check on Matt. I had to find out the truth and if this baby really did look like me we could get to the DNA testing later on. For now I would have to settle with the picture.