| 17 |

The water around me stings my lungs, sends pins into my body and pushes them in deeper until I'm bleeding out. It pulls at my feet, dragging them to the darkness underneath me, covering me in ice. It liquefies my entity and sends that down to the abyss, the black hole waiting for me to stop breathing so it can claim yet another victim.

I try to hold my breath as long as I can but it rips my mouth open and floods my lungs. My hands are secured behind my back and my legs, bound by the ankles. My eyes shoot open and I see the flash of green in the distance.

Louis'.

I kick my feet and thrash my body hoping that in this attempt I will push myself up but I keep sinking- everything around me going black and the green in the distance has now faded.

This isn't happening.

I cannot die like this.

He can't die like this.

Keep swimming, Piper! Breath!

I can't. I can't. I can't.

I pull my feet up my chest and rest my arms on my butt pushing my arms up suddenly. I feel the waves of water rush through my arms as they fling up- free. My hands immediately fly down to my feet as they rip away at the wire there freeing one leg but my anxiety paralyzes me as the water around me becomes absolute black and my body starts to tremble.

Hypothermia.

Piper go! Hurry!

I kick my foot, sending pain shooting up my thigh but I watch as the block of cement starts to sink and I start to float.

I force my arms up, flapping them erratically until I start to see the light from the moon casting on the lake.

The moment my head resurfaces I take the biggest gulp of air I've ever taken in my life, the cold air slapping against my face and numbing my cheeks.

My chest heaves as I spit the water from my mouth and fill it with more air, trying to keep myself afloat. I look to the shore and as predicted Tyson's car is gone and the only thing there is two bodies- Gina and Dean.

Then it all comes spiraling back to me like a car spinning out of control.

Louis..

He's down there! He's somewhere in the dark cold water, he's drowning. Taking one more breath I dive down kicking my feet with so much power I start to sink again, opening my eyes and feeling the water around me, looking for the green glow of his shirt.

I wish I could scream! God I wish I could just hold my hand out and he'll just be there.

I swim further and further until I'm sure I'll hit the bottom and still no sign of him- nothing.

Where is he! Where the hell is he!

I search until I can't breath anymore and then I swim back up, screaming as I breath for air.

"No, no, no. Louis! No!"

Shit!

I wipe the water from my face, letting the numbness take over my legs.

I know that once hypothermia sets in I'll only have so long to get myself to a hospital before it stops my heart and even though I don't want think about it Louis' gone.

He's gone.

I shake my head, diving once more down to search the water but come up empty handed. I swim back to shore, trying to to warm up myself up but fail and ultimately have to curl between the bloody bodies of Gina and Dean.

My chest starts to cave as the sobs erupt from my mouth and the tears rush down my cheeks. I grab at their lifeless hands and squeeze trying to stop the violent sobs from splitting my soul in half. I'm finished and this is the product, a sopping wet girl laying in between the corpses of two people.

I've hit rock bottom.

Louis has hit rock bottom and I can't find him.

What the fuck have I done?

The sound of sirens fill the area and soon they're ringing in my ears and the lights are polluting the sky. There's three ambulances surrounding me and dozens of comp cars and fire trucks. They surround the area but I'm too numb to react to anyone.

"Ma'am are you alright?" I shake my head no, looking up at the blonde woman staring down at me.

"No!" I cry as she stands gesturing for more paramedics. 

Two men pick me placing me on a gurney, signaling to the cops that the other two are gone.

"He's gone. He in there and he's gone."

"Who?"

"My fiancé."