Chapter 5- Starting to Fall In

/// //

Already, It's been over 3 weeks since we had our first real and chill conversation. I've been trying to get Nine to talk about things other than aceademics, but everytime I try, he just goes back to what he was doing before we were talking, or just goes to sleep. I don't care that the conversations are short, I'm just glad he can already calmly talk to me now.

He's also been teaching me a lot more, instead of doing it for me and mimicking my handwriting. He still copies a lot, but less than before. The teaching is helping me a lot, though.

That's not the only reason I like him. I like the mysterious vibe that he holds, such as, an example (well, the one he has): he gives off as someone who has interesting life experiences to share, but doesn't want to share them. It's hard to find people like that nowadays.

I also love his strong jawline (let's admit, it's as sharp as a knife) and his slender but v slightly muscular body (okay I'm not a creep but I did get a v slight glance at his stomach when he was getting out of the shower since the door was slightly open... Maybe I am lols) but anyhow he's just really hot !!! Oh yea, just so we're clear, I'm like a raging homosexual. Only I know that though... Whoops.

Anyhow, It's 2am, and I can't sleep. Bad, because it's Tuesday night and I have 3 tests tomorrow. I eventually started to realize I was staring at Nine, sleeping. I do sound like perv, oops, but that's what I'm doing with my life. He still has his glasses on, and I'm really tempted to take them off, but I'll admit, he looks real cute with them on right now.

I couldn't stop thinking of the reasons of why he's so isolated. Someone or groups of people used to bully him really bad? He's been through child abuse? His parents were isolated too and locked him away in the house for a while? Maybe his house burnt down, and maybe he caused it by accident? Does he have really low self esteem? Something else traumatic that I can't think of? I wish I had the answer to this question, instead of all the answeres to all of my homework problems.

I'm also noticing something weird. What's weird about how he sleeps is that he doesn't look entirely peaceful. His breathing is slightly rapid, and his hand looks more tightened up than it should be. Is he faking sleeping?

I got that answer very quickly. Out of nowhere, Nine's eyes open wide, and he bolted up into a sitting position, breathing as if this room was filled with carbon dioxide. His glasses also flinged off his face, which made me want to laugh a little, but I know he's get super pissed at me. I decided to fake that I was sleeping, before he noticed anything.

A little while later, maybe 20 minutes? I opened my eyes again. It looked like nothing had happened, nothing whatsoever. Has that ever happened before?

I found that I was slowly drifting asleep, and my mind was too tired to fight it.

...

10 nights later, and nothing has changed.

Every night. He's had a nightmare, bolts up awake, I have to fake I'm not staring, blah de blah. But tonight was...

He almost screamed when he woke up, I saw him quickly cover his mouth. After a few seconds, I saw him completely get out of bed, grab a sweatshirt, unlock something from the closet, and he headed out the door. What dream was that if it caused him to just... Leave? Wait... Where the hell could he go this late at night?

I decided to follow him. I know, creep alert, but I wanted to make sure that he's okay. I grabbed a huge sweatshirt (probably one of Nine's, whatever) and I headed out the door. I wasn't too far behind him, keeping this pace and distance the entire time. He went down the back stairs no one ever uses and went out the back door, since the alarm for that door is broken. He went strait for a while, untill he turned left, heading off campus. Off campus? A little while strait, a right, and another left. It was the Brooke's park. The park?

I saw him sit down on a bench, opening up his black book and beginning to write. Must be a journal then. I've always wanted to try journaling. It looks fun.

I leaned up against a tree, and that caused me to remember something weird, again. That young boy from before... He's... Helping me up to this vent... It's so crammed, super noisy. Did I say something? Yea... That was me. I'm scared I practically screamed, and that boy looked right at me and shushed me. He told me don't be scared, and that everything will be okay. Wait... This boy has navy blue glasses too? We then started crawling. Crawling ever so daintly through the vents, but god this noise is deadly loud, the boy whispered that but really it echoed off of every wall imaginable. There were so many twists and turns, I thought it would n e v e r e n d...

Was that part of the forgotten dream too?

I had to quickly shrug it off, since I saw Nine get up and walk towards me. I'm so shocked he doesn't see me... Does he?

I suddenly realized I have to be back before him, or he'd definately know I was following him.

I sprinted back. Sprinted the fastest I've ever had in a while, possibly my whole life... Well... Maybe there's this one other time... But did that actually happen?