•15• An Epic Chicken Boss Battle

Happy new year! To celebrate the new year, I figured it was about time that I updated this story. Writer's block really sucks.

Kirby jolted awake, already freaked out by the Shrek he had seen. The sack was thrown loosely over his head, so he reached up to pull it off of his head. He almost wished he didn't after seeing the situation.

Colonel Sanders was lying on the ground in front of him, appearing to have been brutally stabbed. Kirby did a quick survey of his surroundings and saw Meta Knight sitting in the corner, reading a book as usual, his sword covered in blood. Meta Knight looked up to see Kirby staring at him.

"Oh, hello Kirby," the older puff greeted way too casually. Kirby stared for a few more moments, in too much shock to even do a simple thing such as blink. He finally spoke. "Meta, there's a dead human in front of us."

Meta Knight's yellow gaze rested briefly on Colonel Sanders before he went back to his book. "Hrm. How'd that get there?"

The shock finally faded, and Kirby stood up, sapphire eyes narrowing. He stomped over to his mentor and snatched the book from his gloved hands. "Why did you kill him?!"

"I did not kill him," Meta Knight hissed, glaring up at Kirby. "Killing people is my least favorite thing to do."

Kirby didn't seem convinced. "What were you doing while I was dreaming about winged Chihuahuas on meme mountains with Shrek?"

Meta had seemed like he was about to answer until Kirby mentioned his dream. "The hell? Are you high or something?"

"What's that mean?" Kirby titled his head/body before his anger returned. "Whatever!! Just tell me what you did or else you're not getting your boring book back!"

Meta Knight sighed, rolling his eyes. "I was merely scouting the interior of the Lor Starcutter-"

"English please."

Another sigh came from Meta Knight as he "dumbed down" his explanation. "I was walking around the ship and heard you screaming. When I came to investigate, I saw Colonel Sanders trying to kidnap you or something. So I did my job and protected you or whatever."

Kirby sat down, blinking before he spoke. "So you killed him."

"I said before that is my least favorite thing to do, and that I did not kill him."

"Then why is he dead?"

"Because I protected you."

"By killing him?"

"No."

Kirby tried to speak in an angry fluster of words, the only comprehensible thing being "MMMMMMM!"

Meta Knight just shrugged, taking the chance to get his book back. Kirby didn't seem to care about it, speaking again. "So how did you 'protect' me, exactly?"

"By stabbing Colonel Sanders in the abdomen until he shut up."

"...Meta that freaking kills people."

"Oh? I will have to make a note of that for future reference."

Kirby gave a heavily-exaggerated facepalm...stub...thing.

And then writer's block happened. So what better thing to add than the giant wind-up chicken mentioned in a previous chapter?

And that's what happened. The giant wind-up chicken crashed through an air vent, making loud chicken noises. And naturally, Kirby and Meta Knight ran, the chicken loudly following them in typical loud chicken fashion.