•18• The Final Battle

I added descriptions for Captain Vul, Axe Knight and Mace Knight to the character list page if anyone wants to check that out.

I wasn't even planning on really writing this chapter today; I just wanted to get my ideas down but next thing I know I'm at the end and I thought "alright, that should be a good closing point for this chapter - oh...guess I just wrote the entire chapter."

So yeah I unintentionally banged all this out in a day. Oops.

Anyway, enjoy! There will be 2 chapters left: the journey back to Popstar and then the epilogue. Thanks for being with me on this wild, 4+ year ride.

King Dedede was the first to attack. He slammed his hammer down as the compartment on the front opened up to shoot out several missiles.

The fast food mascots were clearly surprised at their retaliation. Wendy was knocked back into the smoke from the missiles, and Ronald McDonald was thrown off guard. Burger King's eyes went wide in fear as he backed away from King Dedede, only to bump into Meta Knight, who slashed at him. Burger King yelped and fell back, bumping into Ronald McDonald and knocking him over.

Huh, Kirby mused to himself. Could this be easier than they thought?

Bandana Dee charged forward to lunge at Burger King with his spear. The fast food king turned to dodge, but Kirby lunged at him from the other side and landed a good hit with his sword.

The false king was finally knocked to the ground, clutching his side from Kirby's blow.

"WAAAAAH!" Ronald McDonald screamed, and Kirby turned to see that King Dedede was currently clobbering him.

"Yay we're winning!" Kirby yelled excitedly.

"Don't get too confident, Kirby," Meta Knight warned, his eyes fixated on the dissipating smoke. The silhouettes of more fast food mascots were approaching.

Wendy emerged from the smoke, holding her lettuce bazooka. "Ha, did you think it would be that easy?"

"Yes," Kirby replied emotionlessly.

Wendy stared at him blankly before growling and shaking her head. "Well, it won't be!" She aimed her lettuce bazooka and fired it into the ship.

"AHHH!" Galacta Knight screamed as lettuce was sent flying all over the ship.

Meanwhile, the rest of the fast food mascots had boarded the ship. Bob and Fred came on opposite sides, followed by Fred Johnson and Dora.

A ball went flying and hit Fred Johnson in the face, making him shout "oof!" and fall back onto the floor.

It seemed Marx's ball wasn't entirely useless, then.

"You will all pay for this!" Fred shouted. "You will pay for ruining and inconveniencing our franchises!"

It was then that Kirby noticed both Fred and Bob had what seemed to be tactical machine guns.

Oh no.

"Hey, are the rest of you gonna help or what?!" Kirby yelled, turning to glare at everyone behind him. So far the only one who had done anything was Marx.

"I-I'm scared!" Sailor Dee stammered, hiding behind Waddle Doo.

Waddle Doo looked equally as terrified. "W-We'll stay back here and make sure they don't get any further into the ship or mess up the control panel!"

"Please," Magolor said, his eyes wide as he tried to figure out stuff at the control panel. "I can't focus on both."

Waddle Doo nodded, and him and Sailor Dee moved to guard the control panel as Magolor went back to fumbling with it.