Chapter Three-His power source?

“Stay away from me!” I threw stuff at him including my lava lamp.

“Even if you try to overpower me with Sandy’s sand, still I won’t die.” Pitch said as he stood still in front of me.

Who’s Sandy? What do you mean you can’t be killed? I thought to myself.

“My power source can’t kill me.” He stepped forward and pointed at my heart. “Remember the night when a nightmare ran through you?”He said to me as he disappeared into thin air and appeared at my back, he drew his mouth close to my ear; “I saw your fear of me.”

“But right now I’m not afraid of you!” I pushed him away.

“Ha! Ha! What are you going to do? Run away? You can’t even defend yourself with the guardians. You don’t believe in them!”

I became speechless when he said that to me, so am I going to be his slave?

“Even if the guardians strike now they won’t be able to defeat me. Because of you, I gained soo much power.”

I can hear my heartbeat through my ears, and then there’s this black stuff coming out of me again. I tried to stop it, but the more I struggled the more painful it was. ‘Stop it…”

Pitch started to fade away when the moonlight lit up the whole room. I can’t believe it, I just saw Boogieman.

It’s now morning and Mr. Spencer extended my thesis deadline because of the current events that is going to happen here at school, like the Christmas party that is going to happen next week at Tuesday. I was completely bothered about what happened last night; I held my pencil tight until it broke into pieces. I can even hear my heart beating so fast and I started to breathe heavily and then Samuel came to me.

“Hey! What’s wrong?” he sat down infront of me.

“Last night… I…”

“Was the party fun? Or did you just eat a lot last night?”

“Oh no….” I laughed at what he just said.

“ So uh… this party next week. Will you be my dance partner?”

“ s-sure…” I didn’t hesitate to reply him. All my worries were gone after he asked me to be his dance partner. I was very happy and that cheered me up, and come to think of it… I only have a few days to prepare! I was into deep thoughts when Mr. Spencer called my name. I didn’t seem to hear his voice, he threw a chalk at me. The class bursted into laughs.

“ Yes Sir?” I blurted out.

“ Try not too get your thoughts run away from this period, I need your brains here.” He said and continued the discussion.

Meanwhile at North’s place, the guardians held a meeting in his office. North was still investigating Pitch’s whereabouts’ back at the asylum. He took a sample of the dust found at the site and analyzed it. Jack and the other’s were  doing nothing but thinking of plans to defeat Pitch. North opened the doors with a discovery.

“Pitch has a power source!” his voice filled the room which caused Sandy to wake up.

“Power source?” Jack went to North. “What do you mean?”

“ he hid his power’s to someone….” North replied.

“What?” Tooth heard the commotion and went down from flying.

“ That’s probably a magic ball or what…” Jack hypothesized as he swings his staff back and forth.

“ what’s your evidence mate?” Bunnymund said as he was busy hopping the globe, treating it like a hamster wheel.