Part II- Chapter Five- The enemy, the Boogeyman

It has been a very long time since I updated the last chapter. Sorry for the delay!  I'm a Senior graduating student and I have a lot of things going on my mind lately, Like; complying the requirements as a grad student AND most of all; COLLEGE (sigh) so.... here goes!

Thanks for the people who followed me and added their story on their list!

- - - - - 

Everyone's tired. I'm tired. Still wondering about the moon dust North had mentioned yesterday.

"It's the origin of our powers." The voice of his was still on my mind. Origin of their powers? That cant be! Bunnymund jolted my deep thoughts when he jumped from one table to another.

"Oy..." He greeted with a sad voice.

"Hey..." I smiled. I looked around the place only to know that Jack and the others aren't around. "Where are the others?"

"Off. Doing their own guardian business." He replied.

"What about you?" I asked. Then I remembered about his warren. It was a wreck. I looked at him as he drew a gesture; A sad. He is hiding it. "Bunnymund, what were you doing underneath the boulder?"

After I asked, he seemed enlightened up about something. "Oh yes! Saving that little guy!" He said. Pointing at a giant golden egg.

"An Egg?"  He saved an egg from the beanstalk that Jack failed to do (hehe).

"My memories." Bunnymund replied.

"I thought Tooth got a hold of yours."

"Well, there are things that you don't want her to know." He blushed. He let out a big sigh.

" What's wrong?"

"Aren't you afraid?" he asked.

"Well if we can make plans to bring down Pi-"

"No, don't you have any fear?"  He interrupted.

"Don't have any." I replied.

"Impossible. Every one has one. Even little children has one. Even us, the guardians."

"What kind of fear are we talking about?"

"All kinds of fear." He replied. "like, Jack. He fears of being alone and never believed in. just like ours."

"Well, what're you afraid of?" Hope he doesn't mind.

"Wolves. Predators." He shyly replied.

I laughed and picked up bunnymund and embraced him. "I never knew you have this cute side."

"Stop hugging me, woman!" he flinched.

Sandy appeared out of nowhere. Bunnymund went to him.

"May we be of any help?" Bunnymund asked.

Sandy just nodded in sideways. In reply, he showed an image of a tooth out from his dust.

"Why are they collecting tooth when he is in need of help?" I asked.

"Their memories are the most important thing to be protected." He said.

"You mean those tiny teeth?" Now I'm confused.

" See here, Ms. Moon guardian." Bunnymund jumped and landed on my head. "Pitch can convince the children that we don't exist. He almost did that the last time."

Suddenly I heard voices. It didn't sound like Bunnymund's or even Sandy's.  It's in my head. Inside my head.  I can't even hear a word from the voices inside, it sounded like mumbling. Another uneasy feeling followed as I started to freak like a lunatic. I closed my eyes and I saw an image of Pitch and a black dragon. Sandy used his sand to help me get rid of the dream (or was it?)

"We must help North and the others!" I exclaimed.

"What in the craznocks ...?" Bunnymund exclaimed.

Sandy sighed and talked to me through his sand. "You had a vision."

"I-I saw Pitch and... he's getting stronger. I had a feeling right now that..... He'll be at Burgess. Beside him, was a black dragon? I think he wants a fight."

"Fight?" Bunnymund flinched.

- - - - -

Jack went through the window and quickly grabbed a tooth under a sleeping kid's pillow. He slipped a quarter underneath and went away. He did this several times and went back to where Tooth was.

"Tooth! Got em!" he showed a red sack.

"Thanks, Jack." She replied as she silently slipped a quarter on a kids pillow.

"Is it okay to leave Luna and the others behind?" Tooth asked with an anxious look on her face.

"What do you mean by that Tooth?" Jack settled on a chair.

"Pitch stole her memories back at the palace." Tooth said.

" The tab?" Jack asked.

"Yes, she'll remember her life before...."

"That's great! She'll finally find her center!" Jack exclaimed.

"That's not it! I mean... It's a good thing ..." Tooth sighed and sat down on the mat.

"Tooth? Whats wrong?" He touched her feathers on her head.

"Jack the thing is...... She'll remember her forgotten memory of...."

- - - - -

(3o minutes earlier)

Sandy took us to where the others were.  We glided in the air, I can feel the moon light on my thin wings and I flew very fast looking for them. With Bunnymund in my arms, I looked at Sandy.

"Can you find them?" I asked. Sandy just grabbed me by the arm and tossed me inside an opened window and landed on a carpet.

"Lunassence!" North said at the door.

"How'd you get here? You're supposed to be at North's place!" Tooth said.

"You guys... Pitch is coming we have to leave...." I said.

"What?" They all exclaimed.

Jack went to me. "If he's coming we'll fight just like we did before."

Again I heard voices, but this time it was Pitch. His image flashing in my mind. Pitch had a smile on his face like a predator planning to devour its prey.

"YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW!" I SCREAMED.

"Okay, calm down." North said.

"I had a vision. It's Pitch. He ...." Suddenly I felt a chill from my spine. I looked at the window and ITS HIM! Pitch, our enemy.  The sleeping kid started to scream and I noticed that his dream was being devoured and slowly turned into a nightmare. Pitch is gathering his army outside and it seems that he has successfully devoured the children's dreams. He's getting stronger and stronger and I can feel that something bad is going to happen.

---- End of Part II Chapter Five-------