Chapter Three

Christmas was just around the corner and Draco had bought a Christmas tree into the house. He placed it in the corner of the living room and decorated the Christmas tree with Hermione. Although they talked and laughed half heartedly, they could feel their relationship wasn't as strong as before.

Hermione felt she was to blame for their relationship. She had been selfish. Hermione knew he didn't want the baby but... she did. She wouldn't want to give them away. She decided to give Draco some time and space.

Christmas day, Hermione woke up late next to Draco. They were going to the burrow for Christmas dinner. The thought of the amazing food, made by Mrs Weasley, made her mouth water.

She took a quick shower and walked back into the bedroom. Draco was still sleeping as per usual. She opened her cupboard and knew she would never fit into her dresses.

‘Merry Christmas.’ Draco said, sitting up in bed. He yawned loudly, his hair sticking up every which way.

‘Merry Christmas to yourself, sleepy,’ Hermione whispered back.

‘What are you going to wear?’ Draco asked, walking over to the mirror in only his boxers. Hermione found herself checking him out and sighed; this was no time for her mood swings and hormonal thoughts.

‘I don't know... I'll never fit into these.’ Hermione moaned, pouting as she pushed her dresses aside.

‘Check at the back.’ Draco smiled and made his way to the bathroom.

Hermione heard the shower turn on, feeling curious. She spotted a bag at the back of the cupboard. Opening it, she saw a black and red maternity dress. She quickly put it on and looked in the mirror, hoping she looked presentable since Draco had got it for her.

She looked very big in it and despite it being a maternity dress, it was still a little tight at her stomach but it'd do. She put light red eye shadow on, eyeliner, lipstick and black earrings.

‘You look good.’ Draco said walking out of the bathroom, a towel draped around his waist.

‘Thanks.’ Hermione said, rubbing eyeliner from under her eyes, ‘and thanks for the dress! Is this my Christmas present?

‘Nope. I bought you something else too,’ Draco said, tugging his trousers and shirt on. He reached above the cupboard and handed her a small package, ‘Christmas present.’

Hermione opened the package and she held up a small green bracelet. It had six green love-hearts around a long silver chain. It sat perfectly on her wrist as Draco tied it on, making her stomach fill with butterflies.

The bracelet shone brightly and Hermione gasped. It was simply the most beautiful piece of jewellery ever. Every small, green heart had one word on it. It read 'Draco Loves Hermione Forever and Always.'

‘Thank you so much.’ Hermione said, hugging him tight, ‘I love you.’

‘I love you too, so much. And... When the bracelet shines it shows that you love the person who put it on you.’ Draco said, grinning.

‘I do love you, Draco, and we don’t need a bracelet to show that,’ Hermione said, placing a hand on his cheek as she kissed his cheek and wiped away the lipstick mark.

‘You can change the colour with a simple spell.’ Draco said and told her the spell.

Hermione took her wand and said the spell. The bracelet changed from a lovely green to a stormy grey, making Draco smile.

‘Oh... And where's my present?’ He asked, jokingly.

‘I'll give it to you tonight.’ Hermione said, winking.