Chapter Six

(6 years later)

"Malfoy." A voice commanded, "Open this door.

Draco sighed before flicking his wand, the door clicked open and in walked Kingsely Shacklebolt, the minister of magic. Closing the door behind him, he took a seat in front of Draco's desk, his eyes bore into Draco. Draco looked up briefly before returning to the papers in front of him.

"We need to let you go." Kingsley said, although his voice was hard there was a softness behind the words.

"Why?" Draco said, unbothered by the sudden change.

"You know I've let you work here because you've changed and I know you have but you're going to get questioned soon. Your father tried to defend you but-"

"My father only did what he did, for himself." Draco said, coldly, "I'm not leaving this job."

"Dammit, Malfoy!" Kingsley slammed a hand on the table, impatiently Draco stared at him, "You have a wife and two kids. You have money! You don't need this job and if you stay here, I can't cover for you any longer. I've done it for years! Just leave this place and don't come back."

"If I get questioned then I get questioned. I have nothing to hide. I'm not a death eater." Draco said calmly.

"Don't Hermione and Haillie and Dray mean anything to you?" Kingsley asked, disgust etched in the wrinkles of his face. The Minister for Magic job didn't reduce his stress.

"Hermione is my world." Draco replied, enunciating every word.

"Then leave or else you'll get questioned and go to Azkaban and I won't stick up for you." Kingsley said, "So what's it going to be?"

"I won't go to Azkaban." Draco said.

"So you'll leave this place? If you leave, there's a chance you won't be questioned. You can't work for the ministry without being questioned." Kingsley said.

"I'm not leaving." Draco said, flicking his wand, the door opened, "Nice chat, Kingsley, my doors over there."

Kingsley glared at him before walking out, slamming the door shut and Draco went back to his papers.

------

When it was time to go home for Draco, he packed everything and left his office. Walking into the lift, he met Arthur Weasley, who looked older and stressed.

"Mr Weasley, how are you?" Draco asked, shaking his hand.

"Good, son. I heard you're getting questioned?" Mr Weasley asked, pressing a button for the 3rd floor.

"Maybe." Draco said.

"Why won't you just leave? You're basically rolling in money." Arthur said, turning his eyes on Draco, "Think about Haillie and Dray and Hermione. You have a whole family now."

Draco felt a sudden urge of anger towards everyone. He had heard the 'think of your wife and kids' many times.

"Sir, I can't leave. I don't want that filthy money my father made." Draco answered, the lift stopped at the floor, "Bye Mr Weasley."

Mr Weasley stared at him for a few heartbeats before walking out of the lift, a few people entered, side glancing at Draco, and the lift went down. Draco got out of the ministry and apparated home.

Opening the lock on his front door, he walked in and took his shoes off. He went into the living room to see Haillie and Dray.

Haillie and Dray were now six years old. Haillie had light brown hair that cascaded to her shoulders and her eyes were exactly like Draco's. Dray had darker grey eyes and his hair was curly and dark brown, like Hermione's.