Chapter Thirteen

Draco could see them. He sat away from them so they couldn't see him but he could see them clearly.

It was breakfast and Ron and Hermione were eating some cereal. Hermione's hair was tied up and she looked slightly unhappily into her bowl of cereal. Ron sat staring off into space, eating some toast.

They didn't look like a couple. They looked like they had been forced to get married.

Draco finished his apple and waited for them to get up. When they did he followed them. They walked to the fourth floor and entered room 414.

Draco leaned against the wall, his hat askewed slightly, and he waited for Hermione. It was a long and boring wait but she did come out, shouting something to Ron about towels. Draco knew she would come out, she was the sort of person that couldn't really stay put.

She flicked her hair back and walked past Draco, not even glancing at him. Draco chuckled and grabbed her hand, twirling her back, making sure not to hurt her. She let out a little 'Ah!'. Draco chuckled and moved his hat bcd so she could see him.

Her eyes landed on his eyes and she looked confused, freezing as Draco still held her wrist. He moved his hand up to her arm and she didn't say anything.

"Draco, what are you-" She asked but Draco cut her off.

"Shhh..." He whispered holding a finger to her lips.

He moved his finger and held her hands, feeling her ring on her finger. He slipped her rubbish and stared at it for a second. It was plain. Nothing like the ring he had bought her. He threw the ringonto the ground. Hermione didn't spare a glance at it, her eyes stayed firmly on the icy eyes in front of her.

"Didn't I tell you? You are mine. Not the Weasel's or anyone else's. You're mine, even though you probably think you're not." Draco said quietly, "A day hasn't gone by that I haven't thought of you. I love you and I know you love me. Answer me truthfully... Do you love him?"

Hermione sighed and lowered her eyes, her long lashes against her cheeks.

"Draco-"

Draco sighed and held her chin up so she looked at him. Draco, without hesitation, lowered his lips onto her's and inch by inch he got closer. Hermione didn't move an inch, her eyes closed as their lips met.

Draco closed his eyes and kissed her passionately, all his love and patience poured out into one big, passionate, explosive kiss. Hermione's hand crept up into his hair and her fingers entwined themselves in the white blonde hair while Draco's hands pulled her waist to him.

They kissed for a few minutes, Draco against the wall and Hermione leaning into him. Slowly she pulled back.

"Do you love him?" Draco whispered, constantly giving her small kisses.

"Drake, I can't just leave him. We've hardly been married for a day," Hermione whispered.

"You can't leave him? Can you live without me?" He asked, watching her, "Say yes and I'll leave forever."

Hermione hesitated. Her hands crept up to his chest and pulled him down. She kissed him again, wrapping her arms around his neck. Draco lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he leaned her against the wall.

"I missed you." Hermione whispered, "I don't want you to leave but-"

"There's always a but." Draco whispered.

"But," Hermione said, cupping his face, "Look how old we are now. We aren't eighteen anymore. We can't run away from everyone. We have to be responsible."