Chapter Eight

(11 years later)

"Hiya, Ron!" A 17 year old Haillie said hugging Ron, her curls bouncing around her waist.

"Hi guys! Happy birthday!" Ron said, holding out two presents.

Haillie and Dray took one, their faces the image of joy, and opened them. Haillie got a book series she's been wanting and Dray got aftershave.

"Thanks, Ron." Dray said, grinning.

"No problem! Where's your mum?" Ron asked, mussing up Haillie's hair.

"In the study room. She's upset." Haillie said, smoothing out her long brown curls.

"She's always upset and moans. She's so freaking annoying." Dray said although he said a much rude word than "freaking."

"Dray, don't swear." Haillie frowned, sounding just as bossy as her mother.

"It's true. She's so annoying." Dray rolled his eyes and went upstairs.

"Teenagers." Haillie said, shrugging.

Haillie had always been the mature and sensible girl. She didn't swear, she obeyed her mother and she behaved in Hogwarts although sometimes Haillie would argue with her mother. Dray, on the other hand, lied and swore. Constantly fought with his mother and had a bad group of friends.

Ron smiled briefly before moving to the study. He opened the door slightly and saw Hermione sitting on a chair and staring out of the window.

"Hey, babe." Ron whispered to Hermione, "Were you thinking about me?"

"Mmm..." Hermione said, not turning around.

Her mind, obviously, had not been on Ron. It had been eleven long years since... He left. Eleven. Long. Boring. Unsatisfying. Cruel. Years. She felt older and looked a little bit older, gaining a few grey hairs here and there but she was as pretty as always.

"So, the party for them tonight, who's coming?" Ron asked.

Hermione continued staring outside the window. Only one thought in her mind.

"Is he coming?" Ron asked, "Malfoy."

"I haven't talked to him." Hermione replied in a monotone.

She had tried to contact him in any way possible, even talking to Pansy who just laughed in her face but she had no idea where Draco is. Sometime after four years she stopped looking for him. She felt herself get lonelier and depressed but she had Ron with her.

Ron talked about something else. The subject of Draco dropped.

Upstairs Haillie was walking out of her room when she saw her mothers door open and the light on. Creeping slowly towards the door she saw Dray, his back to her. He wad holding up a wand lighting it on something.

Haillie moved closer and saw what it was. A picture of a man and woman at a beach. The man had light blonde hair and stomry grey eyes, like Haillie's. The woman was Hermione. They looked so happy and in love. It was in unbelievable that they had split up.

Haillie and Dray both remembered their father.

"Dad." Haillie whispered, her grey eyes fixed on the photo.

Dray jumped and looked behind him, frowning at Haillie.

"I miss him." Haillie whispered.

"I hate him. He's the one who made Mum so depressed." Dray said coldly.

"Don't say that. It's not his fault." Haillie said a frown appearing on her face.

"Freaking deserves to die and rot away into the soil." Dray said, coldly and sneering.