Chapter Nine

The alarm clock ringed in Haillie's ear. Putting it on snooze, she turned around to see Dray lying on the bed next to her.

Haillie and Dray have always shared a room, since they were small. They could have a separate room but chose not to. They were really close, being twins and all.

The room was big and had a walk in cupboard. There were two single beds, one green and the other red. Dray's was green (he was in Slytherin) and Haillie's was red (she was proud to be in Gryffindor.)

The alarm clock rang again and Dray groaned something.

"What?" Haillie said tiredly.

"Put the freaking clock off!" Dray shouted, throwing a pillow at her.

Haillie turned around and switched the clock off. She finally got out of bed after flinging the pillow back to Dray.

"What time did you get home last night?" Haillie asked, brushing her hair.

"Late. You had an owl. It's in the drawer." Dray said, gesturing the drawer with his eyes closed.

"Did you... Um... Did you look at my letter?" Haillie asked.

She didn't want him knowing it was from their father. Dray wouldn't like that and Draco had told her not go tell anyone they met. Dray looked up at her, curiously.

"Keeping secrets from me?" He asked, he tried not to sound hurt.

"No... Just... It's a personal letter thats all." Haillie said.

Dray's only reply was "hmm." and he went back into his covers. Haillie opened the drawers and found the letter. Checking to see if Dray was looking, he wasn't, she opened the letter. It read:

"Haillie

I love you too. And I can't wait to meet you. Do you want to meet at Diagon Alley, the ice cream shop at 2 pm?  

Please do not tell anyone you are talking to me.  

Haillie Malfoy sounds great.

D.M"

Haillie checked the time. 1:30 pm. She questioned herself why had she woken up so late? Usually she would be up early and have coffee.

"What are you doing today?" Dray asked her, sitting up in bed.

"Going out. You?" Haillie took a towel and some clothes out of the cupboard.

Dray shrugged when she looked over at him. Haillie went into the bathroom, glad that her mum wasn't there. She quickly had a shower, thinking about meeting her father. Drying herself off and pulling her clothes on, she walked out.

She dried her hair quickly, using her wand, grabbed her phone and went downstairs into the kitchen. Hermione and Ron were discussing something at the breakfast table. Hermione looked up as Haillie walked in. Everything went quiet. Haillie ignored them.

Awkward.

Haillie grabbed an apple from the bowl of fruit and she poured in some milk. She downed the milk, standing up and made to walk out of the kitchen with two pairs of eyes on her back.

"Haillie." Hermione said, making her stop mid bite of her apple.

Haillie slowly turned around and didn't look in her eyes.

"Where are you going?" Hermione asked, glancing at Ron who looked down at the table.

"Out." Haillie said.

"Where?"

"I don't see why I have to tell you."

Hermione and Haillie stared at each other. The tension as thick as a cloud on top of them. Haillie clicked her fingers and disapparated as Hermione shouted "Wait!"