The Past

Hope you enjoy this chapter :3

We arrive at the school at 8:16.
"Come on Sere, let's go meet some more people, remember this is only my second day of school." I say.
I get no reply so I look over to Serena.
She was all tensed up and was looking at the floor.
"Sere?" "I-I can't do this!" She shouts, then runs into the school.
"Serena! Wait!"
I follow her through the corridors and reach the abandoned classroom we went in before.
I go inside to see Serena crying.
"Sere..." "I can't do it Ash! Everyone hates me!"
I sigh. It's going to be hard to get her to make friends.
"Do you want to stay here then?"
She nods.
"Well, I'm going to go do classes, I'll be back at break time, k." "Ok."
I walk out the classroom and run outside the school.
I spot Dawn.
"Dawn!" I shout.
She looks at me angrily.
"Why did you move away from me to sit next to Serena?!" She shouts, puffing her cheeks out and pouting. "I'm really sorry Dawn, why don't I make it up to you by sitting next to you in period one." "Ok."
A large smile forms on her face.
"Come on then, let's go to period one!" She shouts, then grabs my hand and pulls me to math.
We sit down and start doing math questions.
"Dawn can I ask you about Serena please?" "Why do you want to know so much about her?" "Because her dad is the president!"
We sit there in silence looking at eachother before Dawn finally speaks up.
"Fine, what do you want to know?" "What was Serena like when she started this school 5 years ago?" "She was a normal person, actually she was the most popular girl in the school, guys would ask her out everyday and she would get free food from everyone." "Really?" "Yep, she was also the cleverest girl in the school as well." "So what happened to her?" "Well we don't know, she just switched, one day she was this happy popular girl and the next she was this depressed thing that wouldn't talk to anyone. Everyone started to hate her for that, including me because I was her best friend and she just kicked me out."  "Thanks Dawn, you've helped a lot, but I need to ask you something." "Yes?" "Would you ever want to become Serena's friend ever again?" "If she turns back to the old Serena everyone loved then yes, I would love to become her friend again." "Good, because I have a plan. Meet me by the lockers at break time ok." "Ok."

It's break time now so I walk to the lockers and wait for Dawn to arrive.
I look up and see her running towards me.
"So what's your plan then Ash?" "Well, I know where Serena goes when she doesn't do classes." You do!?" "Yep, so follow me."
I walk down the corridors with Dawn following behind.
"I've never even seen this part of the school." She exclaims. "Well, now you have."
We arrive at the classroom.
"This is where she stays!" Dawn shouts. "Shhh, Serena doesn't know that I've brung you here." "Oh, sorry." She whispers. "Well, I'm going to go in there and check if she's alright, then I'll call you in." "Ok."
I open the door and Serena sharply turns around.
"It's only me Sere. How are you feeling?" "Better." "That's good, so what have you been doing while I was gone." "Staring at the wall."
I sit on the floor next to her.
"Sere where have you gone." "What do you mean?" "Where's the Sere I knew yesterday, the one that was popular at this school." "How do you know about that!" She shouts. "Well, I spoke with your ex best friend. She wants to see you, you know." "Why does she want to see this depressing lump." "She doesn't, she wants to see Sere, the happy and cheerful one. So Sere, can she come see you?" "Sure."
She said it with no emotion, like the one I met when I first started this school.
I walk up to the door and open it.
"You can come in now Dawn." I say. "Ok, do I have to whisper anymore." "No you don't." I giggle.
Dawn and I walk up to Serena.
"Hi Serena, long time no see." Dawn says.
Serena doesn't do anything, she just sits there staring at the wall. It's like she's reset back to her old self.
"Sere, I'm trying to help you, and I can't if all you're going to do is sit there emotionless." I say.
I still get no reply, no nothing.
Dawn then speaks up.
"I don't know what the hell happened to you, but you need to snap out of this trance and go back to the Serena that was my bestie!" She shouts.
"Well I've tried to turn back to that once and it didn't work." Serena replied.
I stepped in.
Well, where's the Serena I saw yesterday, the one that was smiling and laughing!" I shout. "She's gone, and will never come back." "Well then there's no point helping you!"
I grab Dawn's hand and walk out the room.
"Dawn, there's no point even trying if she doesn't care so let's just forget about her." I say.
We then carry on with the rest of the day.