When I was (Prolonge)

This book belongs to me and is owned by me. The content is protected by copyright law.

When I was one I was dropped on the door of an orphanage.

When I was two I was adopted for the first time.

When I was three I was returned back to the orphanage because I didn't smile. Not ever. I mean who wants a kid who doesn't smile.

When I was four I was adopted by abusive parents.

When I was five the police found out about the abusive parents and took me back to the orphanage.

When I was six I was adopted by a couple and almost raped by my foster father.

When I was seven the police found out about my foster father because of my foster sibling, my sister Penelope told the police and they took us both back to the orphanage. Penelope had been adopted by that family when she was eleven. She had been raped. I was adopted when Penelope was fifteen. Penelope dealt with the rape and never told anyone but what was going on. But when Penelope found out he attempted to rape me as well she went to the police.

When I was eight Penelope was adopted and I never saw her again.

When I was nine I met a boy named Ryder at the orphanage. Ryder was thirteen so he was four years older then me. Ryder promised he would adopt me as soon as he got out and got his money straight.

When I was ten Ryder started street fighting . He was really good and word of Ryder's skills traveled through the gang/street fighting / underground community. He was only fourteen but claimed he was setting up money so he when he was old enough he could give me a good life.

When I was eleven Ryder got adopted to a family that lived two states away. Ryder still wrote me letters. He said his family was nice which was good because we both had our fair share of bad family's. He also said that the local gang had heard of him from street fighting and he joined.

When I was twelve I stopped hearing from Ryder.

When I was thirteen I was adopted into a nice family.

When I was fourteen I wanted to go back to the orphanage before I got too attached because I strongly believed that Ryder would come back for me and this was the year he was 18, legal age to adopt.  I had a long talk with my foster parents and I told them I wanted to go back to the orphanage. My foster mom cried her eyes out and I think I saw a few tears from my foster dad. But they still took me back.

When I was fifteen and I was starting to doubt that Ryder would come for me but I still had hope.

When I was sixteen I hit myself with a reality stick. I got a job at the diner to set up money so I would be able to have money for college. I would turn 18 in only two years.

Now I'm seventeen and I sadly just had to wake up.

One of the nuns just entered the room. " Alexis please get dressed sweetie and come down stairs." I nodded my head and climbed out of bed. I threw on some jeans and a grey jumper and went downstairs.

Standing at the front of the door was a 6'2 buff man with tattoos. He had black hair and was very hot. But when those dark brown eyes connected with mine I knew who it was.

"Ryder. "I whispered.