01 | Guess Who's Back...

Chapter One

I remained standing in the middle of the asphalt road beside Damon, awaiting our next victim. "This is never gonna work.." I whispered with narrowed eyes and folded arms.

"Where's your faith, little Gilbert?" Damon smirked, as a pair of headlights quickly came into view from the foggy distance.

The car continued speeding towards Damon and I before it suddenly swerved around us, skidding on its tires. I immediately spun around, my eyes never leaving the car as it continued on for a few seconds until it collided with Enzo's body.

I let out a hiss as my face contorted in slight pain, while I watched the scene unfold. Damon lightly patted my back as we began to slowly walk over to the car, which was stopped several meters from Enzo's body.

"Oh my god..." a girl wheezed as she raced out of the passenger seat, running over to Enzo. "He's dead."

Her boyfriend took a step in front of her, as the duo covered their mouths in shock. "Oh no...no."

Damon immediately began clapping from beside me, causing the couple to spin around in fear. "First of all, let me applaud you on your quick reflexes. The way you just whipped by me and my dear friend here, was impressive." Damon motioned to his side, narrowing his eyes.

Enzo let out a groan as he jolted upright, his body cracking as he did so. The couple's attention was drawn to Enzo, who they had thought died, while I made my way over to him and crouched down to his level.

"What is this?" the driver of the car questioned, now facing Damon again.

"This is what is known as a slow night." Damon held his arms behind his back as he strolled over to us. "I mean, I thought we'd go with the old 'guy in the road' standby, and you almost got by us."

"Yeah, maybe it's time we uh- let this one go." Enzo began, cracking his neck. "It hurts..."

I shot him a concerned look before grabbing his arms, helping him stand upright. "Aw, it's okay babe."

I then brushed his shoulders and jacket sleeves to remove any excess dirt and blood. Enzo shot me a small smile before I linked my arm around his and we proudly waltzed over to the frightened couple.

"What do you want?" the man fearfully badgered.

"We could use a ride." Enzo suggested, as my eyes scanned the couple before me.

"It's the least you could do, given you ran over my boyfriend." I proposed, glancing back and forth between the girl and the guy.

"Come on. I'll drive." Damon devilishly smiled.

Oh, my apologies. I started off on a semi-abrupt note.

Basically, it's been months since the evil in the Armory vault has consumed Damon, Enzo, and I.

I know our friends have been working every day within those months to figure out how to save us, and don't get me wrong, I appreciate the gesture, but what they don't understand is that we don't need saving.

When the three of us started killing, I had all of my humanity.

Now, I don't.

"Okay. Backstory, because it's only fair..." Damon perked, pushing open the side-door to the slaughterhouse we'd been residing in. "My friends here, Cassidy, Enzo, and myself, are the unwilling employees-"

"Well, not really employees." Enzo cut Damon off, holding the door open for me.

"Yeah. More like slaves, serfs-" Damon corrected.