15 | Moving On...

Chapter Fifteen

I sat on the floor of Bonnie's guest-bedroom, surrounded by candles.

"Enzo..Enzo please hear me." I pleaded with closed eyes and open hands. "I have no idea what I'm doing, so you gotta meet me halfway."

No response.

"Give me a sign..anything?" I offered, before a small gust of wind passed by, causing my eyes to shoot open until my phone began ringing.

I let out a sigh, pulling my phone from the bed behind me.

"I thought I made it pretty clear. I don't want to see you, or Stefan, ever again." I threatened into the phone.

"I'm just calling to make sure you're okay." Damon piped up.

"And why wouldn't I be?" I spat, narrowing my eyes. "It's not like your brother murdered my fiancé before my very eyes, or that Bonnie burned his corpse, rendering it nearly impossible to get him back, if that was ever even on the table."

"I- I'm sorry. Fiancé?" a second voice exclaimed.

My face fell.

"Who was that?" I immediately badgered, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nobody." Damon hesitated.

I clenched my jaw, going to open my mouth once more before the voice cut me off.

"Let me talk to her-" the passenger argued, clearly fighting with Damon for the phone. "Just let me talk to her-"

"Damon, who is that?" I repeated, louder.

"Nobody important, I can tell you that much.." Damon muttered.

I ran a hand through my hair, looking at the candles around me. "Look, you obviously called because you wanted something. I know you don't care about my wellbeing at this point, and if you do, you and your family have a pretty shitty way of showing it." I rambled, shaking my head. "So, what do you want?"

"What? I- I don't want anything." Damon reassured. "I'm just..I am here, for you."

I held a blank face.

"Unrelated, have you- uh, made any progress getting Enzo out of hell?" Damon questioned.

"If I did, I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time talking to you." I clarified, looking back down at the candles. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

"Well, Cade got out, why can't Enzo?" Damon offered.

"Cade used the Maxwell bell, which is kind of a non-starter now, unless you want to risk nuking Mystic Falls again." I acknowledged. "And like I said, I still have no idea what I'm doing."

"Please- let me talk to her." the passenger bickered.

Damon hit the passenger, causing my face to contort before he spoke up again. "Hey, you're not a quitter, Cassidy-"

"You know what? I'm done." I argued, my mouth forming a straight line. "Just stay the hell away from me, or you'll have a bigger problem than Cade."

"Too late for that." Damon chirped, as a car-door sounded from outside.

"You didn't.." I hissed, my eyes growing narrow as I shot up from my spot on the floor, and raced over to the window.

I held open the blinds with two fingers, watching Damon step out of his car while his unrecognizable passenger struggled in the backseat.