Chapter five

( Hey guys I know it has been so long since I updated this book . But it my BIRTHDAY and as a special treat I'm giving you guys , not one, not two but THREE chapters today . So I hope you guys enjoy them and have a lovely day)

The fog that once rolled in now disappeared and a starry night sky took over.

A great hound made it way down the streets of London carrying the detective, doctor and unconscious maiden.
The three mice ( or I should say two with one being carried), slipped off the great hound and rushed inside to be greeted by warmth of an open fire.

" hurry Dawson fetch the maid" basil said as he placed the maiden on the velvet sofa .
Dawson scurried back in with the maid , in her hand was a bowl of warm water and some cloth.
" give that to me I can help her" basil said in destress
" mr basil are you even qualified in the profession of first aid ?" The maid said quizzically

Basil simply ignored the maid and tended to the unconscious maiden. Carefully he wrapped the bandage around her head and arms as there where scraps.

" I should have never taken my eyes off of you foolish girl" Basil murdered
" nice to know you care for me arrogant detective " a soft voice whispered back to him. It was Elizabeth.
The great detective took a sign of relief and stepped away towards the fire place lighting up his smoking pip.

" oh my dear you poor thing how are you feeling?, you know what let me grab some tea and some fresh cheese crumpets" the maid said scurrying out of the room before Elizabeth could answer.
" how is your head young lady?" Doctor Dawson asked
" it fine a bit soar but nothing I can't handle" Elizabeth said taking a sign of relief closing her eyes in the process.

When she re-opened her eyes she noticed someone was missing someone very important, upon realising who it was her blood ran cold making her jump of the sofa.
"Olivia....where is Olivia!!! Please say you didn't leave her say you didn't " Elizabeth cried looking towards the detectives back his hands balled into fists as he stared into the glowing flames
" my dear why don-" Dawson tried to say
" No it fine Dawson leave us we have much to discuss" Basil said

Doctor Dawson was hesitant at first but made his way towards the kitchen where the maid was preparing tea.
The two mice were left alone with only silence as comfort.
" well miss Jon-" Basil started to say
" you didn't answer my question WHERE IS OLIVIA!!" Elizabeth cried harder
" my dear please sit"
" no I will NOT tell me what happen-" Elizabeth started to say but became faint falling forward. Basil caught her in time before she hit the floor.
" you need to rest miss jones " Basil said as he lowered her onto the sofa , before grabbing a stole to sit on .
" oli....oliv......Olivia " Elizabeth murmurs
" shush now sleep, I promise you we will get Olivia back" Basil said
Elizabeth murmurs came to a stop as her breath evened out to a blissful sleep

"Sleep well.....Elizabeth " Basil said leaving the sitting room and making his way to the kitchen.

Basil's point of views
After leaving Elizabeth to sleep I decided to confine my worries and start my deductions with the help of Dawson.

"Dawson do you still have the list ?"
" um list ..... what list Basil ?" Dawson said with a confused look
" the one we found at the crime scene. Please do not tell me you have lost the only evidence we had in order to find Olivia " I said my blood beginning to boil
" Oh that list I gave it to you which you placed in Elizabeth breast pocket? " Dawson said with a smirk

I felt the heat rising to my cheeks and swiftly made my way back to the living room. Making careful movements as not to wake Elizabeth. Once I was successfully retrieved the list I began to experiment , to find out what secret it has to be revealed.

" Basil-"
" shush Dawson "
" but Basil"
" not now my experiment is being conducted"
" but it's about-"
" hold on it nearly done, come on , come on that's it."
" Basil's what is relationship with Elizabeth?"

I froze in place as my experiment white smoke blew in my face.

" I'm sorry what ?"
" you heard me"
" Dawson miss jones is my client nothing more" I said whipping away the smoke in my eyes
" but I see something different you care for her, especially when she is harmed "
" Dawson I would protect any of my clients  and treat them the same way I teat her"
" but-"
" no more Dawson look at this and tell me what you make of it"

Dawson took the beaker and sniffed at the content before dipping his finger in and licking it

" salt water... Great Scott"
" exactly we know it came from the river front , now we just need to find a pub-"
" how do you know we need to find a pub?"
" because it had faint traces of rodents delight , and it had coal dust that is found in sewer lamps"
" now we need to find a pub where the sewer links to the water front"
" but Basil how are we going to get in"
" a great question we will use disguises"

" sounds like a good idea for once , I'm coming too" ???

( to be continued)
( So I'm back......................... don't kill me I've had writers block for quite a while , hope you guys enjoy the next few chapters)