Chapter six

Previous:
" now we need to find a pub where the sewer links to the water front"
" but Basil how are we going to get in"
" a great question we will use disguises"

" sounds like a good idea for once , I'm coming too" ???

Present; Elizabeth POV
" sounds like a good idea for once , I'm coming too" I said
Both mice turned to look at me with a shocked expression
" certainly not this no place for a lady" Basil replied
"Why are you so sexist I'm quite capable of looking after myself, besides you need me" I complained
" oh really ? Please in lighten me " Basil said with one eyebrow raised
" yes you may need a women to help you get valuable information "
Basil just gave me a blank look before exiting the living room.

" Is he really that clueless, when was the last time he was in a relationship?" I wonder aloud
" I don't know my dear , but he is right it could be dangerous " Dawson replied
" Not you too Doctor " I groaned
" my dear as much as you think that he is pompous ,arrogant and sexist he only wants you to be safe. He was worried sick about you back at the toy shop."

"What are you trying to say he cares for me , because if so there is a saying that 'actions speak louder than words'"
The door creaked open to reveal Basil with two outfits, while he was wearing a shifty looking sailors outfit.

Basil POV:
After leaving Elizabeth and Dawson I was angry and confused. Angry because I do in fact know what Elizabeth was trying to imply, and confused on the need to keep her safe that was when Dawson's words entered my mind...

" Basil's what is relationship with Elizabeth?"

What is my relationship with her truly, do I want more or is she forever more just a client.
Upon entering my room I looked through different clothing that would be acceptable in the 'rat trap'. With luck I found an outfit for me and Dawson they where both two different types of sailor suite.

Putting Dawson outfit aside I changed into my disguise , but before leaving my room I turned to another wardrobe containing beautiful but less eye catching dress. A beautiful light blue dress with a red sash around the middle. I grabbed the dress quickly shutting away the memories that began to re-surface, and head out the door towards the stairs.

When I reached the final step I heard talking
" my dear as much as you think that he is pompous ,arrogant and sexist he only wants you to be safe. He was worried sick about you back at the toy shop." Dawson said
I wonder if Dawson was putting ideas into her head.but then I heard
"What are you trying to say he cares for me , because if so there is a saying that 'actions speak louder than words' Elizabeth replied back
It was time for this detective to make the first move, placing my hand on the doorknob I opened the door with both outfit in hand.

Elizabeth POV:
"Dawson here is your outfit and get dressed quickly the night is still young" Basil said handing over another sailor suit , Dawson took the outfit and head out to change.

" you too my dear" Basil said hand me a light blue dress.

" but I thought you said it was too dangerous, what changed your mind" I said taking the blue dress from his hands.

" it's more dangerous to be left alone ,than being beside me where you will be safe" He said standing in front of me
I was speechless maybe Dawson was right, maybe Basil does care for me , but what about when he finally knows the real me. I can't do this to him or to me my heart would hurt to much, it would be a forbidden romance that I have read many times in my books.

Come back out of thought our face had become incredibly close and getting closer until.
" do you wish for me to come back later" Dawson said with a slight chuckle
Me and Basil jumped back from each other
" don't be ridiculous Dawson, miss jones here is just on her way to change "
I took the hint and head towards Dawson to get changed
" great outfit by the way" I said to Dawson as I passed
" I feel ridiculous Elizabeth " Dawson complained
" no you don't I think you look quite cute"
I head toward one of the bedroom and stripped off my clothing and placing on the light blue dress . It fitted me like a glove and showed of my curves. After admiring my reflection I head back to where the boys where.

" okay I'm ready to do some investigating " I said both boys looked at me with Star struck faces.
" you look wonderful my dear" Basil said taking my hand and placing a kiss on my knuckles , he then brought my hand to his four arm leading me out of the house with Dawson tailing behind us.

( hey guys so part two of birthday special chapters, hope you guys enjoyed the first part. The last chapter I'll be posting today will be sometime this evening)