Bonuce ( engament , wedding )

Jenny was outside coming from the palace and was on her way home. She just came out from the building when Basil came by.

"Hello Jenny ," said he calmly looking to her.

"Come with me."

Basil brought her to a corner where he knew no one will eavesdrop them.

"I know I'm not the kind of mouse to say this but...,"

he stopped himself before saying anything. He seemed lost for words and nervous that he took off his deerstalker.

"Ever since we met, I know I've been a fool."

Jenny can remember when she talked with an old client of his and was worried about him; remembering the story of a lonely photographer. At the time she was worried that Basil would lead the same way but it was obvious to her that since they've been dating Basil never ignored her. She was grateful for that.

"But I...I...what I'm trying to say here...I..."

"What Basil?" Jenny probed him hoping it was good news.

"I...I love you." Jenny grinned.

"I've never felt this way for anyone. You're the only woman I've ever loved. Your adventures and intelligence of countries, it amazes me."

"So what you're saying is that we're meant to be?"

He took out a wedding ring case from his coat pocket and opened it. Jenny glowed noticing the ring.

"Would you marry me?" he asked shakily.

Jenny nearly laughed with the answer

"How can I refuse? Yes. Yes!"

Jenny hugged him and Basil held her. He didn't know why but he twirled her around while they ignored the sound of rain coming from the clouds. It was the happiest day of Jenny 's life.

A few months later on the 15 March it was a beautiful sunny day a perfect day for a wedding. All the nerves from both parties was showing but it all changed once they reached the isles. 

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride" Jenny's smile grew even bigger as I felt Basil's lips on hers. Hearing everyone around cheering and clapping, I felt the tears building in my eyes. I finally married to the detective of my dreams.

Walking down the aisle hand in hand with my now husband smiling and waving to all our friends and family. basil's feelings right now wouldn't process.  jenny was literally over the moon with happiness. All she could hear were people cheering and a few faint cries. I still cannot believe this is my wedding day. The wedding day she has been planning since a little girl. she was now living it out. Everyone else was gathered into another room with champagne, Jenny and Basil were guided around the building for photos. We had photos on the stairs, in arch ways, in the gardens, and in front of the country side view. We were then joined by the bridesmaids , the groomsmen  and my grandmother . Lastly We had photos with the whole group and Jenny stood there being grateful to be surrounded by the people they loved most.

While everyone moved to the reception room to take their seats, jenny  and basil waited back a bit giving everyone time to settle.

"I cannot believe we did it" Basil turned to look at me with a beaming smile.

"I'm still in shock, I'm generally so happy" I smiled back taking his hand in mine.

"After all these years with the hard ships I can finally call you mine"

"I finally fit in with your crazy life!" I cheered laughing.

"You've always been classed in my life love "

"But now we have it in writing"

"This is the happiest ive ever been, even though we've been in a relationship for so long, our next adventures start now"

"Our honeymoon in Egypt , new case, new family. Im so excited"

"Same love, it's going to be something to treasure"

"I love you"

"I love you too

(Hi guys hope you all enjoyed this bounce chapter of the engagement there will be no more chapters after this , as it is hard keeping to the story if you did read this story previously you will know there was another chapter. But since I have revived a lot of negative comments I will not be publishing it again. You try writing a story with the pressure of A LEVELS, FAMILY PROBLEM and WORK on top of that this book was meant to be just fun with I enjoyed writing now it no longer fun . Sorry to the people who did leave lovely message, but a person can only take so much . Sailor Fairy 💋)