Chapter 16

After that meeting with the paparazzi we decided to stay home for a few days. New Years was just around the corner, and Harry had gotten many calls from his managers and the boys about their plans for the new year so he was very busy.

We did the normal family holiday traditions. We talked a lot, watched movies, played board games. It was like in the movies. A happy family. I loved it, but it felt strange. It felt like it wasn’t me doing all of those things. I was partially absent from all of those events, stuck in my messed up little head thinking and worrying about many different things. But I wouldn’t let that bring down the others, and obviously, they didn’t notice.

Cassie, Sophie and their parents had to go the night before New Years. Their father had some sort of work party where he had to be at. We said our goodbyes and they left. It was now only Harry’s parents, his sister, him and me. It was very quiet without the two girls running, screaming and bossing us around, but also very nice. Gemma and I became very close. She was probably the closest thing I had to a friend.

For New Years Eve, we went to a very posh party. Since this was the first posh party I went to Gemma and her mom decided to dress me up like I was a Barbie doll. Gemma gave me one of her dresses, they tied my long dirty blonde hair up into a neat bun with curls on either side of my face and pearls stuck all over, gold high heels, a very heavy yet expensive looking necklace, many bracelets, big dangly earrings and a lot of light make-up on my face. I looked like one of those princesses in the Disney movies, however, I convinced them to let me wear a short dress that reached just about my knees. I don’t do long dresses, but I must agree, I looked very different. Nice different.

Harry’s face when he saw me was priceless. He was shocked but amazed at the same time.  He was wearing a black tux with a bow tie. Fancy yet cute. I walked towards him, and with every step it seemed like his smile became bigger and his eyes twinkled even more.

“Wow…” he sighed when I finally reached him. He was speechless. I blushed a little. Was I the only one who thought this was awkward? I tried to ease the mood.

“You don’t look so bad yourself Mr. Styles.” I smiled and gave him a kiss.

The car ride wasn’t very long, which was a shame, because it was the first time I had been in a limo. In all honesty, I kinda felt like a dream. When we finally arrived at the party, I was relieved that there were no papparazzis anywhere in sight. I did not want to go through that again.

The hall was big and very golden. There were chandeliers, candles and butlers carrying Champaign glasses everywhere. At the top of the room was a humongous glass dome where we could see the bright stars in the dark night. There was a big back glass door at the back that lead outside and I knew we would probably go there to watch the fireworks. Every man was dressed in a super fancy tux and the women’s dresses probably cost more than $1000. Harry held me by the waist as we walked around greeting some random people I didn’t know. Harry’s mum, sister and dad were off very quickly talking to more people I didn’t know. I was scared that if Harry left my side, I would never find my way out again, so I followed him everywhere like a good dog. After a while, I started to recognize more and more people that Harry had introduced me to, and I felt like I could relax.

It was only another half hour until midnight. I was actually excited. New years was never a big deal for me. My dad would never be home, so I would go to a friends house, and we would shoot small fireworks into the sky, maybe smoke a little weed and light small lighter sticks so we could draw stuff in the air. Not very exciting, and usually I could barely remember anything. But I knew this night was different. It was better. Much better.

It felt nice for people to notice me and talk to me. I was talking to a women called Grace. She was about 40 I think, and she gave me compliments on my dress and how beautiful I looked on this wonderful evening. I just simply thanked her and smiled, until I felt a gentle hand, grab me by the waist and drag me away.

“Would you excuse us for a moment?” Harry asked grace who simply smiled, nodded and walked away. He led me out of the hall, up a stair case to a small silent hallway. It was only us two now. “So are you enjoying yourself?” Harry asked and stepped a little closer to me.

“It’s wonderful.” I tried to sound like the elderly women downstairs in the hall, where everything seemed to be delightful and wonderful. Harry understood and let out a small giggle. I smiled back at him and lent against the wall. “So why did you bring me up here?” I bit my lip. I figured.

“So I could do this.” Harry came closer, put on hand on my waist, the other pressed against the wall and leaned in for a kiss. At first the kiss was soft and romantic, but the enthusiasm grew it became deeper and more passionate. His hands moved so he was holding me close to him, stroking my back, and mine were on the side of his face or playing with his hair on the back of his neck.

His lips broke from mine and moved down my jaw to my neck. I let a small moan escape my lips. I felt a smile in his kisses.

“10 more minutes until 2012!” An announcement came through the speakers and tore us apart.

“We should go.” I said fixing my dress slightly. I looked up to see him standing very close to me again, his eyes told me he wanted more. “We’ll finish later.” I said winking and walked off back to the staircase. He came after me and held my hand as we entered the big hall.

Even though it was cold, we went outside so we could see the fireworks more clearly.  We joined Harry’s parents and sister who were also outside, eagerly waiting for the old year to pass.

“Hey guys! Where have you been?” Harry’s mom said with a smile.

“Just… around.” Harry answered giving me a smirk. Cheeky.

“Are you ready?” Gemma asked. She seemed very excited.

“Oh yes.” I answered back. Then people started to count down and we all joined in, grabbing a new glass of Champaign.

“10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Everyone screamed.

I faced Harry who was smiling. He pulled me to him and gave me a small and tender kiss. It didn’t last very long because people were coming over to congratulate everyone else on a New Year. They were all happy. It was cute.

Then the fireworks started, and I must say, I had never seen such a beautiful sight in my life. The sky that had been black and cold just seconds ago, was now filled with warm bursts of colour. It probably lit up the whole town, spreading the joy with every small light streak. The noises didn’t even bother me, because it was just so amazing. Every firework was different. Some were big, some were small, some changed colour, some sparkled and some felt like they were so close you could touch them.

I felt Harry come from behind and he gave me a small cuddle.

“Happy New Year.” He simply said. I leaned back into his chest and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Happy New Year.” I sighed.