Chapter 22

I woke up the next day still fully clothed lying on my bed. I must have fallen asleep in the middle of wandering my thoughts.

I sat up. Eugh, my head. I guess all this thinking and worrying has made me feel sick.

Sick. That’s it. I didn’t feel like going out today. I didn’t feel like seeing people today. I stood up and as I made my coffee called the studio telling them I wasn’t feeling well today. That only took a couple of minutes and now I had the whole day to just relax.

Once I finished drinking my coffee and checking my mail I decided to take a long bath. That is usually what people do to relax, right? It took me a couple of tries to finally make the bath look like the ones in the movies with the candles, the music and the bubble foam. I stepped in and carefully sat down not ruining the bubbles. I leaned my head to the edge of the tub and rested my eyes. 

I awoke again as my phone started beeping. I looked at the clock. Wow, I must have been in here for a long time because it was already lunch time.  I had 3 messages. The first one was fro Gina.

Help! Louis is attacking my face with his fries :L Hope you feel better soon so we can get him back ^_^

Typical Louis. I replied.

aha, you really have to learn to fight back without me. Trust me, he is much easier to bring down than it seems. Thank you :)

The next one was from Louis.

You’re face is much more fun to attack with fries ;D x

He was always the person who could make me smile.

I miss you too :3 x

The last one was from Harry.

Hey, haven’t seen you today :( Everything alright? I can come over if you want ;) xx

Cute.

Yeah, not feeling too well :/ but its fine :) I’m taking a bath right now, and I should be back tomorrow, no need to come xx

It must have sent really fast because before I could put my phone down I got another message. It was Harry again.

Bath, eh? ;D Now I really want to come… See you tomorrow then darling xx

Trust Harry to be as cheeky as possible.

I got out of the bath, dried myself off and went to get dressed. The bath must have really worked because I did feel much more relaxed about this whole situation. It felt like it had all partially drifted away.

However, there was one thing which made this whole situation probably worse than it was. The one week of pain and agony all girls get every month. To make it even worse, I was running low on tampons. My week was almost done, but I had the free day and if I didn’t go get them now, I would probably forget.

Most girls would just throw on sweatpants and a hoodie and quickly go outside, but I take my looks fairly serious. So I decided to put on my ripped jeans, a grey pink striped crop sweater, brown ankle boots, a brown leather jacket and a grey knit hat. It wasn’t even that cold, but I felt that the hat might hide me from being recognized or seen by others. I grabbed my keys and some money and walked down to the store. 

It was actually a very beautiful day. There was still a little bit of snow lying everywhere, but it was melting and the sun was shining.

The store wasn’t very busy, but it was very loud in it. I quickly got what I needed and went to the till. On the way, I stopped by the fruit selection and grabbed a couple of apples and oranges. I was running low on fruits too.

I paid and walked out the door. Phew, nothing big had happened. All I had to do was walk down this road back to my apartment building and I would be safe-

“Jessi Stonem?” A mans voice said behind me.

I was stupid enough to turn around. Why did I do that? I should have just ignored it. I should have just kept walking. I should have known something would come up today.

“Yes! That’s her!” Another man screamed.

The next thing I know I was bedazzled by many flashes and more and more people came around with more and more cameras. They were screaming out questions like, ‘Are you and Harry dating?’, ‘Do you like it?’, ‘Are you using his fame for your own good?’, ‘You are one of the dancers right?’ or ‘Are you in love?’

For a moment I couldn’t breathe. I was just in shock. All these questions came bombarding at me and to most of them, I had no idea what to answer. After a while, I finally got back to myself. Be brave.

“Yes, I am a dancer for One Direction, but Harry and I are just friends. Nothing more. Good-bye.” I turned around and started walking. However, they were still following me, jumping in front to take better pictures. I just decided to ignore them and their questions and just get home as fast as possible.

As I reached the front door of the building, I quickly got inside and shut it. Once I was inside in safety, I took a deep breath. Thank god they couldn’t come in, but a few were still waiting in front of the door screaming my name and more questions. Couldn’t they just leave it alone?

I went to my apartment and locked the front door just incase they finally found some way of getting inside the building.

I got an apple and sat down on the sofa in front of the TV. I turned it on, but I wasn’t really watching any of the shows. I couldn’t concentrate. I was trapped in my mind again.

‘Using his fame for my own good’? Did they really say that? Did they really think that’s what I was doing? Maybe that is what everyone would think once they knew about me and Harry. I mean, that is what the other dancers thought. This was probably ‘my plan’.

Everything used to be about Love, Happiness and Freedom. Now it was all Money, Fame and Popularity. Are these really the only things that people think of nowadays? Does nothing else matter anymore?

I just hoped nobody got a good picture of me today. I just hoped nobody heard what I said. Maybe if I hadn’t said anything, it would have been better. But I couldn’t change that anymore. What is done is done.

But maybe if I just forget this ever happened, it would go away. Nobody has to know. Nobody.

I mean, its not like its going to be another headline, right?

Wrong.