Prologue: A Gruesome Fate

The skies above the mountains were bombarded with dark gray clouds, an omen of a heavy rainstorm. Thunder rumbled overhead, adding to the already nerve-wracking mood of the upcoming downpour of rainwater. The mountains and its neighboring plateau and canyon cliffs were shaded a dark maroon from the soon-to-drench-everything-in-their-path storm clouds and blood moon.

The monster climbing up the mountainside was confident that this would be the perfect opportunity to get away unnoticed. Or so he thought.

The monster was none other than Science Sans, who, at the moment, was gently grasping a red-and-light-blue soul. He had been assigned to visit the WildTale Universe to retrieve the final skeleton child's soul that the adults needed in order to complete Nightmare Sans' prophecy. According to him, once the children were gathered together - after their souls had manifested into existence and became living individuals - that they, along with the guidance of the adults, would be able to end the Multiversal War.

Although this idea was controversial among the adults, most of them were so desperate for peace that they chose to follow through with it, regardless of how little sense it made.

Science Sans himself had been very incredulous as to believing this seemingly fictional concept that his acquaintance had come up with, but persuasive arguing amongst him and the other adults had convinced him to perform this task, which had been so risky that he wouldn't have ever done it had he been set otherwise in his opinions of the prophecy.

He had been very lucky to survive, let alone complete his mission, but his luck could only last for so long.

Science Sans turned within the curve of the rocky path-like ledge alongside the mountain. He wasn't far from the secret cave. If he could make it to the cavern, he - and the soul that he had in his possession - would be safe. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, things were never that easy. And a particularly dangerous monster was waiting for him.

"Where do you think you're going with that soul?" Science Sans whipped his head around to see who had spoken, only to set his eyes upon the terrifying sight of Fallacy, the tyrannical Lord of the Vampire-Verse. He gazed directly at Science Sans, no doubt with murderous intent.

Science Sans, paralyzed with fear, didn't answer Fallacy's question. The vampire Lord analyzed Science Sans as if he were fresh meat. Fallacy smirked. "That soul - It's the soul of WildTale Sans, isn't it? The final child needed to end the war?"

Science Sans, at a loss for words, gulped nervously and started trembling slightly. That was all that Fallacy needed to confirm his assumption. "So tell me," Fallacy inquired. "What do you think would happen if one of the children never existed at all?" He then directed his gaze to the soul of WildTale Sans.

Science Sans shivered nervously at the question and clenched his eyes shut. But as soon as he realized what Fallacy was referring to, he immediately steadied himself and snapped his eyes open, which were glimmering with anger.

"You wouldn't dare," Science Sans uttered. "No one can afford for any of the children to die, not even you. They are essential to ending the war that you started." He suddenly snapped angrily. "Don't you have any regret or remorse at all for what you've done?! Well, DO YOU?!"

Fallacy seemed unmoved by Science Sans' brief outburst. He replied calmly. "I'm afraid not, vermin. And I don't need to dare," he said, as his cape-like wings quickly seized the fragile soul and brought it back to him before Science Sans could do anything. "I can just do it right now. Just like with anything else that I want to do."

Fallacy examined the soul that was now in his possession. "And you're right. I can't afford for any of the children to die. The war wouldn't be as exciting if that were to happen," His smirk widened into a sadistic grin. "Unfortunately for you, however," He paused for a moment, then continued. "I can't have my fun without some bloodshed, now can I? But you already knew that, didn't you?"