Chapter 42: The Vampire-Verse Assault

When the morning after the meeting had arrived, everyone in the Resistance was prepared to leave for the Vampire-Verse. Thankfully, they had all gotten a good night's sleep and had efficiently used their time to gather up all of the people who were capable of combat as well as those who had volunteered to do so.

The group members and their caretakers themselves had also slept well and were ready for the upcoming raid against Fallacy's troops and his fortress. The children had already been informed of the plan to ambush the Vampire-Verse and thus had volunteered themselves to participate in the battle. After all, if Sera was going to risk her life to end the Multiversal War, then so would the other members of the group.

Within a few short hours, all of the members of the Resistance were ready to do what needed to be done. Their main plan was to strike early in the morning so that they could hopefully catch the Vampire Lord's soldiers off guard and use the element of surprise in order to get the upper hand in the soon-to-occur combat.

When everyone was prepared to leave and sufficiently organized, they followed behind Wolfgang and his admirals as they marched out of the Crayon Kingdom and into the forbidden territory of the Vampire-Verse. The rulers of the Alternate Universes had chosen to stay behind for protection, just in case the Resistance failed to obtain victory in the battle. Besides, none of them really had any fighting skills.

With that, the members of the Resistance braced themselves for the risky ambush on the Vampire-Verse that had yet to happen. They could only hope that they would be strong enough to handle Fallacy's armies and distract for long enough to let Sera get into the castle unnoticed in order to deal with the Vampire Lord.

------------------------

When the Resistance arrived at the Vampire-Verse, all conversations between its members immediately ceased, for everyone knew that they needed to be absolutely silent. They quickly yet quietly traveled across the vast open territory that was more than likely going to be the battlefield. Slowly but surely, they all sneaked their way towards the rocky ledges surrounding the battlefield that would be their makeshift sidelines for launching the ambush.

When they had done so, Wolfgang gave his soldiers the permission to have quiet conversations with each other, but they would need to be on the lookout for the opposing armies. With that in mind, the group members took the time they had to speak amongst themselves.

Geno and Sera in particular were still very apprehensive about the upcoming battle and the chances of never seeing one another alive. The group members and the caretakers had done all they could to help, but it eventually became clear that only they themselves could comfort each other, and they were more than willing to wait for them - especially Reaper and the other children.

"Take all the time that you need," the cloaked skeleton said. "We'll be waiting for you." He then slowly walked away from the two individuals, giving them their distance and leaving them to be with one another. He knew full well that they cared for each other deeply and that they would want the chance to speak in order to comfort one another before going their separate ways. Reaper could only hope that the both of them would be alright.

Once the cloaked skeleton had disappeared from her line of sight, Sera shifted her focus from Reaper to Geno, whose eye sockets had become empty of their brightness - undoubtedly caused by his conflicting emotions. When his eye lights reappeared, the red-scarfed skeleton's eye sockets were brimming with tears. "S-Sera..." Geno uttered tearfully. "I-I..." The pink Draconian embraced the red-scarfed skeleton gently, for she knew right away that she needed to reassure him that she would be okay.

"It's going to be alright," Sera said quietly. "I'll be fine." "I... I can't l-lose you, Sera," Geno stuttered with sadness in his voice. "N-not like I l-lost D-Dad." The pink Draconian understood his words, for she knew that the red-scarfed skeleton was still mourning for his father. And on top of that, Sera herself was risking her life to save the Multiverse. She knew that she couldn't take away Geno's emotional pain, but she did know that she could help him with it.

"I don't want to lose you, Sera," the red-scarfed skeleton said. "I don't know what I'll do if that happens... you mean everything to me..." Her soul hummed with sadness and understanding for Geno's emotions. In all honesty, she didn't want to leave him, but she knew that they'd eventually have to depart. "I'll be okay, Geno," she reassured him. "I promise." "O-okay," the red-scarfed skeleton said in a wavering tone of voice, as if he wasn't quite ready to speak yet. "Please... come back to me alive."

"I will," the pink Draconian replied, looking up at Geno in order to make eye contact with him. "Just... take care of yourself and the others, okay?" "A-alright," he said. "I will." They then gazed upon one another, not wanting to leave each other's company. A few moments of silence passed before an unfamiliar shout rang out across the battlefield.

"They've spotted us, Wolfgang!" A soldier exclaimed. "What do we do?!" "Attack them!" Wolfgang replied. "Give them everything you've got! Remember to stay with your partners!" The Draconian soldier then turned to face the armies of the Resistance. "You heard Wolfgang! Get ready to fight!" He shouted. "ATTACK!!!" The leader of Fallacy's forces commanded as his troops obeyed his order.

"Fight back!" The wolf monster shouted. "We can't let them overwhelm us! Go, Resistance, go!" "That is your opportunity to infiltrate the Vampire-Verse!" Yekel told the pink Draconian. "You must go now so that you will not be seen!" "I'll come back to you," Sera told Geno as she prepared to take flight. "I promise!" She turned back to look at him as he went to join the Resistance for one last time before flying to Fallacy's castle in order to get into the main entrance of the throne room. Both Geno and Sera could only hope that they would survive to see each other again.