Chapter 39: Reunion of Rulers & Brothers

All of Geno's memories came rushing back after hearing what the multicolored-clothed skeleton had just said. "Long-lost brother... of course!" He realized. "How could I have forgotten about that?!" The prophecy had mentioned about him being "the Lost Crayon Prince" - but it had never said anything about him having brothers. It wasn't like he wasn't grateful for having them, it was just that he hadn't been expecting to have any siblings at all.

The sounds of his brothers' voices brought him back to attention of his surroundings. "Really?!" The glitchy voice questioned. "Are you sure that they're not con artists?" "I'm positive that it's them, broski," the multicolored-clothed skeleton responded. "Besides, I don't think that they would have a human an' a Draconian with 'em if they were fakers." A few moments passed before the glitchy voice spoke up once again.

"Alright, that's it," the glitchy voice said. "I'm going over there to see them for myself!" As if on cue, a black skeleton - supposedly the owner of the glitchy voice - quickly emerged from the dunes and stopped in his tracks as soon as he spotted the group - which was the same reaction that the skeleton who was presumably named Fresh had to their appearance. The black skeleton was virtually frozen with disbelief and shock at what he saw.

A closer look at the black skeleton revealed that he had red eye sockets, yellow-and-blue eyes, yellow-and-red fingers, yellow teeth, blue vertical lines on his cheeks, and was wearing a hoodie that had the color of a gradient between blue and black. He was absolutely speechless upon seeing the group. "Yo, Error brah," the multicolored-clothed skeleton asked, revealing the black skeleton's name. "Are you alright?" "Yes, I'm fine," Error responded. "I just... don't know how I should feel about this."

Remarkably, Geno felt the same way - but it was for a different reason. After all, how would someone feel about meeting their biological family after spending most of the beginning of their life being with the people who they considered as their family? And just imagine how Error and Fresh must be feeling about finally getting to meet their long-lost brother after going through such a long time without him. Therefore, it made perfect sense that the brothers would be lost in their emotions after finally reuniting with each other.

A few moments of awkward silence passed before Fresh spoke up. "Geno... brah?" He asked. "Is... is that you?" The red-scarfed skeleton hesitated before slightly nodding in confirmation - which was apparently more than enough of a suitable answer for Fresh. "Geno!" Fresh joyfully exclaimed, tightly hugging the red-scarfed skeleton. "You've got no idea how much we missed ya!" Geno couldn't really say anything in return, so he only returned the multicolored-clothed skeleton's embrace.

Error was wary of the red-scarfed skeleton at first - but after a few moments of watching the brotherly reunion, he joined in the hug. Geno had no idea what else to do but to let his brothers embrace him in a familial manner. "Broski?" Fresh inquired after backing up and observing his oldest brother's behavior. "Are ya alright? You ain't really sayin' much." "I'm fine," the red-scarfed skeleton replied. "I just... never knew that I had brothers."

"That's straight up outrageous, yo!" Fresh exclaimed in shock. "What have ya been doin' for all these years, yo - livin' under a rock or something?!" "Actually, yes," Suave replied. "But we were more or less living in a cave than under a rock." "That's even worse, dawg!" Fresh said before gesturing to the rest of the group. "And speakin' of which, how the heck are all of these people?"

Geno took a few moments to carefully consider his answer before responding to Fresh's question. "They're... my friends," he began hesitantly. "But... saying that they're just 'friends' doesn't really feel like a good way to describe them." "Lemme guess," the multicolored-clothed skeleton conjectured. "They're your non-biological family?" "I... guess so." The red-scarfed skeleton responded. The rest of the group took a few moments to think about about Geno's words before nodding in agreement.