Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Harry's POV

"what happened to your face?" My mom asks in astonishment.

"I got into a fight," I respond after a moment of hesitation.

"On New Years Eve? Harry you told me you were done doing that," She reminds me. I could hear the disappointment in her voice and give her an apologetic look.

"You also told me you wouldn't get back with dad," I reply.

"Harry please.." She warns as we stand in the small bookstore waiting for Taylor and Andrea to return. 

"I'm sorry," I sigh and then it goes silent between the both of us.

"We have to  hurry and get a decent spot to watch the ball drop," Andrea says as Taylor follows behind with her plastic bag. 

The ball was going to drop shortly and I wasn't hopeful that we would get a good spot. I follow behind my mom and Andrea as Taylor grips my hand. We walk past a crowd of people and continue to go until both our moms come to a stop. I pull Taylor by the waist until she is standing right next to me.

"We have one final performance before we begin our countdown!" I can hear Ryan Seacrest's voice boom over time's square.

"It's the one and only...Selena Gomez!!" He announces and the enormous crowd goes wild.

"She's my favorite!" Taylor shrieks and I smile at her.

"I do enjoy her too," I respond.

I look at you, and all I wanna do, is just disappear
I got a craving for you, baby. Can we get out of here?

You're a sexy machine, you're a Hollywood dream
And you got me feeling like a homecoming queen
Let's drop out of this crowd,
Somewhere no one's allowed
I want you...

...all to myself,
I want you all to myself
And nobody else, yeah,
You don't need no other lover,
We can keep it undercover
Find me in the shadows,
And put the shades down until tomorrow
And make sure that no-nobody follows
You don't need no other lover,
We can keep it undercover

You don't need no other lover,
We can keep it undercover

Taylor energetically dances to the tune and it makes me happy to see her push aside her feelings from this morning. Our mothers are preoccupied with trying to watch the monitors over times square in order to catch the performance. Taylor continues to dance and sing along until Selena is done preforming. Once again the crowd goes nuts. As Ryan goes on to interview Selena, Taylor  turns to me and yells over the loud buzz of the crowd.

"I want that to be me one day," She shouts.

"Me too. I want One Direction to be out here," I respond and she smiles.

Everyone in the crowd cheers again. Then I hear a large gasp from the crowd as the snow starts to sprinkle down. Taylor puts her hand out and watches the snow fall on her black glove. After that I hold mine out and she takes it.

"My mom got us two rooms here tonight. She said that it will be impossible to drive back," Taylor informs me as the final moments of excitement draw out.

As we wait for the ball to drop the crowd is in a large fit of chattering excitement. Taylor makes me smile and smirk a few times with her lame jokes and she giggles at the stupid remarks I make about our surroundings. I took the time to soak everything in about this magical night and before I knew it, it was time for the countdown.

ten

nine

eight