Chapter 4: Sugar and Creamer

Phil opened the door for Dan as he hobbled over and sat down on the couch, it was a chilly morning and Dan was happy to be finally home on their nice warm couch.
"So Dan are you hungry?" Phil asked putting up his coat on the coat rack.
Dan looked up with tired eyes, Phil could see the dark circles under them and could tell he hasn't got enough sleep.
"Yes please" Dan said weakly
Phil went into the kitchen and started wiping up some coffee and a sandwich, Dan took it with graces.
"Thank you" he mumbled
Dan picked up his glass and started to take sips of the hot coffee filled to the brim with sugar and creamer, it was so delicious; it was like dipping into a nice warm, hazelnut bath. But when Dan bit into his sandwich, his eyes got wide and he couldn't even swallow, it tasted so bad like he was eating puke from the toilet.He covered his mouth and ran to the bathroom.
"Dan are you ok?" Phil asked worried
Dan kept throwing up, he was sick to his stomach like he couldn't breath. He then opened the door and wiped his mouth off.
"I'm ok, just sleepy that's all" Dan then walked to his room and closed the door.
/////////////////////
It had been a couple hours and Phil started to worry about Dan, so with a tray of tea and biscuits he knocked on Dan's door.
"Dan are you still asleep?" He asked as he opened Dan's door slowly.
Dan was sitting on his bed, tapping his fingers on his legs
"Phil my stomach is growling so loud...." Dan said with a dark look in his eye
Phil sat the tray down next to Dan "Here I made you some biscuits"
Dan picked up a cookie and bit into it...... Nope, He quickly grabbed his trash can and threw up in it. Phil patted him on the back.
"Do you think it's your medication?" Phil asked
Dan shrugged "Probably"
Phil stood up and grabbed the tray "Now get some sleep, I'll see you in the morning"
The hen just like that Phil was gone, Dan laid down and tried to fall asleep but couldn't.
He was.......
Hungry