Chapter 17: Taken

After that, everything seemed to go back to normal, Dan and Lilith were back serving coffee in the coffee shop. Mari before going to her room had apologized to Dan after her little meltdown, when she finally understood what Dan had done for her. Dan still needed to apologize to Mr.Osshen, but for som reason he didn't come into work that day, and he's the freaking boss.
"Hey Lilith where's you grandpa?" Dan asked as he started cleaning coffee cups
Lilith stared at Dan with intense eyes "You know he's my grandpa, did he tell you?" She asked
Dan nodded slowly
She wiped the inside of a cup and sighed "He's at home, he hasn't been eating, so he won't leave the house. He's afraid he'll kill someone"
Dan was confused and a bit concerned "I think it might be my fault"
Lilith stopped cleaning
"I yelled at him and now I feel bad" Dan looked at Lilith with gleaming eyes "Do you think you can tell him I'm sorry"
Lilith nodded and kept cleaning, All of a sudden the chime from the door went off making Dan and Lilith look up.
It was Charlie
"Everyone hide!" He yelled
Before everyone had time to look up, BAM, three people came crashing through the door. The biggest man came up and picked Dan up by the neck.
"Let him go!" Lilith yelled
The man looked at Dan with a huge grinned plastered across his face, he threw Dan to the wall, grabbed him again and slammed his body on the table.
"Stop!" Lilith yelled when a man grabbed her and held her tightly
The man lifted Dan face to show it bruising, he also had a bloody nose
"We know who you are young man, and we don't like it" the man said in a crusty voice
Charlie tried to stop him but they restraint him as well, They knocked both them out and left with Dan.
///////////////////////////
Lilith ran as fast as her legs could take her until she got back home
"Grandpa, Grandpa!" She yelled
Mr.Osshen walked out of the living room, Lilith could tell he finally decided to eat something.
"Yes my sweet heart" he said smiling
Lilith huffed and puffed
"It's Dan, he's been taken"