Chapter 9: Lilith

Phil and his boss went up to the cashier counter, Dan tried his best to keep calm and make sure Phil didn't recognize him. He had to find away to get them both away from this place before either Phil or Mr.Osshen got hurt.
"Good morning gentlemen" Mr.Osshen said smiling ear to ear "What peaks your interest this fine morning"
Dan turns around and looked towards Mr.Osshen direction, he seemed so calm around two of the most iconic ghoul killers on the earth, how did he do it.
"Yes I'd like an expresso" Phil said smiling
Dan quickly got up as soon as he saw Phil's boss try to grab something from his pocket
"I'm sorry we're closed!" Dan yelled eyeing Phil's boss
Phil looked over to the voice and smiled when he realized it was Dan
"Dan I didn't know you worked at this coffee shop" he smiled
"Whose this Dan fellow Phil?" asked Phil's boss
Phil smiled "Mr.Radar, this is Dan Howell my best friend"
Dan could tell Mr.Radar was staring at him, he looked like he wasn't sure about him. Mr.Radar pulled the lighter from his pocket, Dan sighed in relief.
"Hey Dan you wouldn't have any cigarettes I could bum off you?" He asked
Dan shook his head
Mr.Radar snorted and put the lighter back In pocket, Mr.Osshen smiled and quickly got Phil's drink prepared.
"Here you go" he said handing Phil the drink
Phil took it with glee
"Thank you, sorry I didn't realize you guys were closed"
Mr.Osshen shook his head
"It's no big deal"
Phil went out the door followed by his boss. Mr.Radar looked back and eyed Dan before leaving himself,His stare left Dan cold and shaken up.
Mr.Osshen looked at Dan and frowned
"Dan what was that all about?" He asked
Dan sighed as his rubbed the back of his neck "I don't know, I thought he was going to attack you"
Mr.Osshen blinked "Attack me?"
Dan nodded "I thought he had a weapon In his pocket"
Dan looked down to the ground but as soon as Mr.Osshen laughed he looked up in surprise
"Silly boy, I would have known if a human was going to hurt me or not, and if you were worried about me using my kagune, I wasn't going to"
Dan was deeply confused "kagune?"
"It's a weapon that a ghoul possesses that comes out of their back, but they only use it when they are being attacked"
Dan shook his head "Does it hurt?" He asked
"Not at all my boy!"
"When will mine come out?" Dan asked a bit concerned
"It will probably come out on its own when your in need of it"
Dan laughed and then sighed deeply
"Mr.Osshen I can't believe your ghoul"
Mr.Osshen blinked "how come?" He asked
"Well I thought Ghouls were blood thirsty creatures, I mean that's what Phil has always told me"
Mr.Osshen smiled "Don't believe everything Phil's says, ghouls are just like humans in so many ways, all we want to do is survive, now I must admit some of us have gone to the blood thirsty side, but not me, not you, or Lilith"
Dan looked around "Speaking of Lilith where is she?"
"She told me yesterday that she was picking up two friend from the airport"
"Oh there she is"
Dan looked up as the sound of the bell chime went off