Chapter 4

Aurora's POV

We've been walking around for a while now and we came to a stone bridge. "Now Aslan's camp is just over there by the stone table just across the frozen river."

"River?"

"It's been frozen for 100 years." I said.

"It seems so far."

"It's the world dear, did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller..."

***Time Skip***

"Come on, before we're old."

"If he tells us to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat." Me and Lucy laugh.

"Hurry up Son-of-Adam! We don't have all day."

"He is getting kinda bossy." Then I heard the sound of bells.

"It's her! Run!" We run to the forest and hid in a sort of cave. "Quick down here!" We all remained quite and for a few minutes no one made a sound.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy said.

"I'll go and have a look."

"No, you're no good to Narnia dead."

"Neither are you Beaver."

"Thanks dear." He exited the cave and there was quite, again. After a while there was noise then- "AHHH!...."

"AHHH!"

"I hope you've been good, cause there's someone here to see ya." We all look at each other confused before crawling out of the cave. When I see who it is, I smile. It was Father Christmas. I hear gasps beside and behind me.

"Merry Christmas, sir." Lucy says from beside me.

"It certainly is Lucy, thanks to you."

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Susan says as she finally gets her voice.

(OMG! WAS HER VOICE STOLEN!?)

SILLS! GET OUT!

(DON'T WORRY SUSAN! I WILL AVENGE YOU AND YOUR VOICE! AWAY!)

Idiot.

(I HEARD THAT!)

Anyways. "It hasn't been for a hundred years, but now the Witch's power is crumbling. So..." He walks to his sleigh and pulls out a bag. He places it on the ground and a giant smile appears on Lucy's face.

"Presents!" I can't help but smile at her excitement.

"Lucy. These are for you. The juice of the fire flower. If you or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them. And though I do not expect you to use it, this." He hands her a dagger.

"I think I can be brave enough."

"I'm sure you could, but battles are ugly affairs. Susan. Trust this bow, and it will never miss."

"What happened to 'battles are ugly affairs?'" She said as she grabbed the bow.

"And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard, this. When you put this horn to you lips and blow it (And don't you dare say "that's what she said"), wherever you are, help will come."

"Thanks." She grabbed the horn.

"Peter." He grabs a sword and shield and hands it to Peter. "And Aurora." He grabs another bow and arrows, as well as a dagger and a cordial with a gold liquid. I grab the bow and arrows and the dagger and put them on as he explains the cordial. "This was made from the flower of life. When you or one of your friends are close to death, use this." I grab it and he looks at all of us. "These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand. Bare them well. I best be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan!" He climbs on his sleigh and rides off.

"Bye! Merry Christmas!" We call out.

"Told you he was real." Lucy told Susan.

"Did you hear what he said?" We all look towards Peter. "Winter is almost over. You know what that means." My eyes widen.

"No more ice." I said. Peter nodded. "We have to hurry." We grabbed our things and began to run again towards the frozen river.

***Time Skip***

We got to the river than stopped. "Wait, maybe we should think about this."

"We don't have time." Peter said as I looked for a way down.

"I was just trying to be realistic."

"No, you were just trying to be smart, as usual." Peter said, as he followed me down the path I found. We got down to the river and realized it was already cracking. 

"Wait, maybe I should go first."

"Maybe you should." Peter said. Mr. Beaver began to walk on the ice, patting his tail on the ice to make sure its safe. 

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?"

"Well you never know what meal is going to be your last, especially with your cooking." I began to follow Mr. Beaver and Mrs. Beaver and Peter followed me, holding onto Lucy.

"If mum knew what we were doing-"

"Mum's not here."

"Oh no!" I turned to Lucy and looked were she was looking and saw wolves. 

"RUN!!" I said. We all began to run as fast as we could, but the wolves were faster. They jumped in front of us and Peter pulled out his sword and pointed it at Maugrim, while another wolf pinned down Mr. Beaver.

"Put that down boy. Someone could get hurt."

"Don't worry about me! Slit his throat!"

"Leave while you can, and your brother leaves with you."

"Stop Peter, maybe we should listen to him."

"Smart girl."

"He's lying. He always does."

"Ah, Princess Aurora. I haven't seen you since you were a child-"

Shut up!" I growled.

"Look, just because a man in a red suit hands you a sword doesn't make you a hero, so just drop it!"

"Peter, no. Narnia needs you, we need you!" I said.

"What's it gonna be Son of Adam? We're not gonna wait forever, and neither is the river."

"PETER!!" Lucy yelled.

"Hold on to me!" We all grab onto him and he stabs his sword into the ice and it breaks off the rest of the ice. We float away and I feel Lucy start to slip off. I feel her fall into the water and I let go of Peter and jumped in after her. When I found her, I grabbed her and dragged her to shore. We got to land and coughed up water.

"Lucy, are you ok."

"I'm fine. I just slipped."

"Come on. We need to find the others." She nodded, and hugged herself because she was so cold. We followed the river, knowing that's where they were heading. Soon we heard Susan's yelling.

"LUCY! AURORA! LUCY!"

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy asks. Everyone turns to us. Peter and Susan walked over to us. Peter gave Lucy her coat then gave her a hug. Susan also gave me a hug. At first I was a little tense, but then hugged her back.

"Your brother has you well looked after." Mr. Beaver said to Lucy.

"I don't thing you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver said. We turn and saw the ice on the trees melting. I looked past the trees and realized that we were closer to my father's camp. I'm almost home.