26. Patch Up

Chapter 26 - Patch up

"Princess... time to wake up."

"In a minute." I mumbled into the pillow.

I heard a sigh then everything went silent. Still in the sleeping mode, I began to swift off into my dreams.

Next thing I know, I feel small wet kisses on my arm coming up.

"Leo!"

He doesn't reply and continues to kiss up my arm. When he reaches my shoulder, he moves the stray hairs and begins to suck his way up my neck.

I squirm trying to move away, but Leo holds me down with his body covering me.

My breathing is shortened from his weight. "Leo, I can't breathe."

A moan emits from my lips when Leo holds himself up but nibbles my earlobe.

"Are you going to wake up now?" He whispers softly.

I groan and turn over, looking into his beautiful green eyes. "I hate you."

"Love you too." He smiles running his cold nose down my cheek.

I close my eyes and enjoy the smooth feeling across my face. Ever so softly, Leo's lips capture mine, moving in perfect sync.

He runs his hands down my neck, rubbing my waist slowly all the while his lips caress me sensually. I grip his hair pulling him closer and moan once Leo lets go off his weight. The feeling of his toned body on mine sends electric currents shooting around my body.

"Mm."

"I love the sounds that come from your mouth." Leo grunts between kisses.

Things begin to heat up as we kiss with more force trying to be one. A quick glance at the alarm clock tells me to stop.

"Leo..." I begin to say. "Leo!"

"Hmm..." He mumbles against my neck.

"We have to stop or you're going to be late for work."

Leo sighs heavily, creating goosebumps on my neck. "You always have to ruin the moment."

"What?" I scoff. "Hello, but I'm not the one who has work today mister. You started all this!"

He smiles bringing his face inches from mine. "I love your feisty lips, so sexy and such a turn on."

Before I could answer, Leo crashes his lips over mine, cutting me off. He reaches for my hands, entwining our fingers then putting them above my head as he lays his body carefully over me.

Feeling a certain anatomy poking down below, I squirm beneath him. Leo squeezes my hands as he lines his hips with mine, moving slowly.

"Mm..." I almost scream.

Leo chuckles, sucking my neck continuously. "I have work."

A smile tugs the corner of my lips, enjoying Leo all over me. "No don't go."

"Too bad princess, I'm going to be late for work." He jumps off the bed with the biggest smirk, watching me.

I crease my forehead and glare at him. "I hate you."

"Love you too!" He replies laughing on the way to the bathroom.

As its the weekend, I have no idea why Leo was working today. Normally he does Monday to Friday, but today... I don't know.

I'm plating scrambled eggs and bacon on a plate when I hear Leo calling me.

"Princess, have you seen my trousers?"

I snicker behind my hand at his appearance. His hands were busy tying the blue tie around his neck over his white shirt and socks covering his feet. The only piece of clothing missing was indeed his trousers.

"Have you looked in the wardrobe?" I raise my brow.

He sends me a 'duh' look. "What do you think?"

"I was only asking, don't get frustrated on me." I shot back.

After the tease he left me in this morning, I was indeed frustrated because he left me hanging. Now it was payback.

Leo groans tapping his head on the door frame. "Damn it!"

He walks away, probably back to our room to double check. Men and their needs. He knew he was working in the weekend, so why not get your clothes ready the night before. Stupid males!

When he had literally five minutes left to leave, Leo walked in all dashing in his suit and tie - having found his trousers.

"Breakfast is waiting for you." I call as he walks around the island.

"No time for that now. I'm running late." He answers grabbing an apple as he quickly gulps down a cup of coffee.

"Are you trying to kill me?"

He stops short to stare at me. "What?"

"First you leave me hanging off the edge this morning, leaving me sexually frustrated and then you pass on the breakfast I slaved over for you!" I argue.

"Aww is my princess needing her release?" He teases, coming towards me.

I scoff not wanting to give myself away. "Yeah right. We haven't had sex or made love for that matter. But that's not the point. At least be polite and decline, not just ignore the time I spent for your breakfast."

Wrapping his arms around me tightly, Leo leans his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry princess. I won't do that again and I will make sure our first time will be worth waiting for. It'll be the most special moment in my life and I am looking forward to that." He winks, lighting the mood.

"Alright then, now go before you are really late mister!" I push away with a peck.

"Such a tease."

"And you're not?" I quiz.

"Bye princess, I'll see you in the afternoon. Don't miss me too much." He blows a kiss and grabs his car keys.

"Have a nice day." I roll my eyes at his humour and sigh when the door is closed.

Now that Leo was gone I looked at his breakfast plate and decided to eat it. I'm not one to waste food and besides I haven't had any breakfast.

Having my own house with only myself and Leo living here felt different. I cleaned the house up before 11 and stood bored on the spot.

There wasn't much to do as Leo wasn't a messy person. Living with my brothers was harder as the twins were the messy people who left trials for me to clean up after. I sorta missed that, having something to do event though I complained all the way.

I miss my brothers. I miss Jace and Chase pulling pranks and teasing me. I miss running to Noah who always helped me and Tristen. I miss his confident aura that we felt around the house. I miss them all.

The house phone rang, bringing me out of my daze.

"Hello."

"Hi Scar! What are you doing today?" Hailey's energetic voice echoed through the phone.

I smiled, she always knew how to put a smile on my face. "Hey Hails, I'm good. I haven't got anything going on today. Leo finishes work in the afternoon."

"Ooh cool, I'll come over and keep you company." She rattled on. "Chloe is busy with the rents, so its just me."

Having Hailey round would be fun, but I really needed to confront my brothers and patch things up.

"Um actually, I need to do something. Can you come pick me up and take me somewhere?" I ask hesitantly.

"Only if you tell me what you're up to." She counters.

"I want to see my brothers and talk things over." I say, feeling nervous.

Hailey is quiet for a few seconds then answers. "Sure I'll be on my way."

We hang up and I go and get ready. Hailey announces her arrival by the horn of her car so I lock up and meet her in the car.

"You sure you're ready for this?" She asks driving away.

"Yeah." I sigh. "It's just this morning once Leo left I felt so bored and lonely. The house was cleaned and I was like is that it? Back with the boys, I always had something to do, cleaning up after them. I miss them."

Placing a warm hand over mine she replies, "I'm happy you're doing this. They were a wreck before but you needed space and time to think. So they will be happy to see you, expect tight crushing hugs." She laughs.

I chuckle too, almost feeling the bone crushing hugs.

"I'll be crushed for sure." I smile.

"You betcha!"

The drive felt like it took ages but really it was just under ten minutes. I glanced upon the house that held many memories of happiness and sadness.

It was weird seeing the house I love from a different perspective. So different and alienated.

"You want me to come with you?" Hailey softly spoke.

I shook my head. "No I'll be fine. Thanks for bringing me here."

She smiles warmly rubbing her arms. "That's what friends are for. So shall I wait or will you ring me to collect you?"

"I'll have Leo pick me up or if things go well one of the boys will drop me off." I say grabbing my bag.

"Good luck!"

"Thanks, I'll see you later. Bye."

Taking a deep breath, I walk up the familiar driveway seeing my brothers car parked. They were all home.

Feeling like a stranger in this environment, I plucked up the courage and knocked on the front door.

It was quiet for a few seconds, till I heard footsteps coming to me.

The door opened and I looked up to see Chase. His eyes were wide, his mouth hanging open as he gripped the door between his fingers.

I stood awkwardly shifting on the spot. "Um... Hi?"

Chase breathed out, his shoulders relaxing from their stiff posture.

"Scar..." He breathed. "You're here. You're really here." He smiled pulling me in for a right hug.

Lexi was right, I got one bone crushing hug. Wonder how many more ill receive.

Feeling relieved he didn't push me away, I embraced the hug holding him tight and feeling the brotherly love.

"Oh gosh it's really you!" He cried, his eyes watering. "I was so worried about you. I missed you Scar, so much!"

Pulling away I lightly wiped the stray tears from his face. "I'm here and it's great to see you. I missed you too Chase." I said holding his hands, squeezing lightly.

"Yo bro, who's at the door?" I heard Jace shout from inside.

Chase looked over his shoulder, giving me a slight view to the inside. Jace stood at the foot of the stairs with a packet of Doritos in his hands.

Jace and his food didn't change since I left, I thought to myself.

As this happened, Jace got a glimpse as much as I did. He froze, staring at me.

Chase held my hand and pulled me inside, closing the door.

"Look who came back." He said completely oblivious to the way Jace was staring at me.

I looked down at the floor, unable to see his face. I saw all the emotions that showed me he was still angry and upset.

"You run away and leave us with no word only to come back hoping to be welcomed with open arms?" Jace states discarding the packet of Doritos to the floor.

A lump forms at my throat. "I- I..."

He laughs darkly, holding my gaze. "Save the bullshit. I don't need to hear any of it."

I stand speechless, my heart breaking all over again. He was still angry. About me and Leo. Angry I left.

I didn't realise I was shaking until Chase wrapped his arms around me. He lead me into the lounge, sitting me on the sofa.

"Shh don't cry. Forget what he said. He will get over this and realise the mistake he made." Chase soothed, rubbing my back.

"It's all my fault." I sobbed.

"No it's not. Listen to me Scar." Chase demanded tilting my head to meet his eyes. "Non of this was your fault. Once everything happened, I came to realise how stupid the vow was. It was an obstacle that was in the way. We shouldn't have made it up."

I was confused now.

"What are you saying Chase?" I croaked, blinking the tears away.

"I fell in love. I fell in love so hard that it showed me why the vow was wrong. You can't stop how you become to love someone. It just happens and people around us have to accept it whether they like it or not."

Surprise was evident on my face. "You fell in love? With who?"

He smirked, dimples on full view. "That I will tell you later. But for now I need to explain further. Once you left, Tristen opened up about the real reason for the vow. He made it up to keep boys away from you. He was afraid you'd fall in love and get hurt. He didn't want that so he made the vow up to protect you.

I was mad when I found out. It was wrong and stupid. But you were already gone. I did my best to find you but it was like you didn't exist. That hurt the most, to feel like we lost you. Please don't leave without telling us again Scar. Promise me that." He pleaded.

The news was a shock to me. But I couldn't get over that my Chase was in love!

"I promise. But please tell me who stole your heart!" I grinned excitedly.

Chase made a face leaning back. "I don't want to because you'll pester me for details." He whined childishly.

I chuckled jumping up on him. "Oh come on Chasey boy. Who is she?"

"Can I tell you next week?"

"Huh? Why?"

"Because..." He trailed looking anywhere but at me.

"Chase!" I complained. "Tell me... please." I put on my best puppy dog face.

"Alright alright, it's..."

"...Scarlett?" A deeper voice cut in between.

I looked up and saw Tristen standing in the doorway.

Chase chose this moment to get up. "I'll give you two time to talk."

Shooting glares at his head for getting away easily, I slumped back on my shoulders.

Tristen walked in once Chase left and took the same spot he once sat on.

"How are you?" He said slowly.

"I'm fine... you?" I asked looking up at him properly.

"Good." He nodded and took a deep breath. "I want to apologise for my behaviour."

"It's okay. I-"

He cut me off. "No it's not. You should be angry with me, you have every right to. I was wrong about making the vow between us. Yes it was a way to protect you from boys but I saw how selfish that was. I should let you experience these things as its a part of life. I hate myself for cutting those experiences from you, I can never bring it back."

Having a proper explanation put me at ease. Finally knowing the real reason showed me how it looked from their point of view.

"I can see where you're coming from. If only you explained this before I would have understood. Everything would be different, but what's done is done." I said moving closer.

Tristen was hurting from the inside. I could see it. The pain was evident over his face. His hair had specks of grey hair, his eyes tired and sleepless. This wasn't my brother who was confident and hard. This was a broken person who needed to get back to normal.

Turning his body to face me, Tristen held my hands. "Scarlett can you find it in your heart to forgive me? Even if its just a small percent, I will do whatever it takes earn your forgiveness. Please please, can you forgive me?"

I closed my eyes, breaking up at the sight in front of me. Tristen was breaking and I couldn't stand to see this. I wanted my brother back!

"Tris, please don't cry. Of course I forgive you. I love you, your my brother. I need you in my life, always." I said wiping his tears.

"I'm here now and I'm not going to leave again. Yes I needed space to think, but I've done that. I'm back but you have to accept me with Leo. He is my life and we come as a package. You have to accept me and Leo." I told him when he didn't speak.

I hugged him and let Tristen squeeze me as tight as he could to get out his emotions. He needed the release and I let him take his time.

He was the one who pulled away but held me in his arms.

"I accept you and Leo together. I'm sorry for everything and I will apologise to Leo too. Thank you for forgiving me." He closed his eyes tight.

"You are my brother, we are family and we stay together. A united front." I said.

Opening his eyes, he smiled weakly. "A united front."

Unable to keep the smile hidden, I grinned happily feeling a big relief off my chest. Tristen was the one to work through because he was like my father at times when Dad wasn't around. I always looked up to him and admired his strength and determination.

A downer grazed upon me at the thought of Jace. He was going to be hard to get through for sure.

"What's wrong?" Tristen asked tracing his finger over my cheek.

I sighed. "Jace."

"Don't worry about him, I'll talk with him." He assured.

"Thanks, it's just what he said stung me. We always prank each other and mess about. To see him hate me in such a way hurt me deeply." I confess.

"I will speak to him and explain everything. He is just upset and needs to get over it."

"Okay." I agree and look around the lounge.

Everything was all the same. Nothing changed apart from the little mess here and there not being looked at.

Tristen followed my eyes and smiled sheepishly when he knew what I was looking at.

"Blame the twins, I told then over and over to clean up after themselves."

Giggling under my breath, I stand up. "Well I might as well sort it out then."

"Yeah." Tristen is standing rubbing his neck nervously, avoiding eye contact.

With an eye roll, I start on cleaning the lounge and hopefully pray the rest of the house is clean.

***

"So you still haven't told me who is the special someone who stole your heart." I replay to Chase again in the kitchen.

He groans again with a smile. "This is why I didn't want to tell you."

I laugh slapping his head lightly. "Shut up! I need to know who she is because she might become my sister in-law one day."

Noah cracks up on the counter at this, holding his stomach. "Oh man Chase, she is right brother."

After my talk with Tristen, Noah showed himself and we also spoke. Having settled things between us, we gradually went back to our normal selfs. I still needed to tell the about my living arrangements which only Noah knew about. But Noah being Noah knew not to say anything as it was my job to spill.

"Hey whose side are you on Noah!" Chase complained waving his hands in the air.

"Both of yours bro. I can't choose between you and Scar." He retorted back.

Pulling my tongue at Chase, I winked at Noah. "Come on Chase, I'm your only sister. Please tell me." I begged.

"Why can't you wait until you see her, huh?" He asked running a hand through his hair.

"Ask her to come over then!" I chirped, smiling widely.

Noah snorted and nearly chocked on his drink which spilled out from his mouth.

"Ask who to come over?" Tristen questioned when he came in the kitchen.

I turned to see him. "Chase won't tell me who he has fallen in love with." I point in his direction.

Shooting me glares from the sink, Chase speaks up. "You never did have any patience did you?"

"Nope." I shrug.

"Oh you mean H-" Tristen begins.

"Noooo!" Chase storms towards Tris, placing his hand over his mouth.

I gasp and laugh loudly at how secretive Chase was actually being. I guess I was wrong to think he would spill the beans so quickly.

Tristen pulls a face at Chase who removes his hand. "Don't ever put your hand over my mouth Chase."

Noah chuckles sharing a knowing look with me. Tristen was getting back to his mojo.

Smiling sweetly I wrap my arms around Tristen's waist. "Tris, who is this girl that Chase is in love with."

Just when he was about to open his mouth, the door bell rang silencing us all.
It wasn't Jace because he was upstairs as Tristen just came back from speaking with him.

Noah got up to answer it and my heart beat faster at the sound of Leo's voice.

"Hey, is Scarlett here?"

"Yeah she is, come in." Noah replies.

When Leo shows his face, I still had my arms wrapped around Tristen. Leo hot a worried look at Tristen but smiled lovingly when we held eye contact. Tristen moved back and stepped towards Leo.

Clearing his throat Tristen spoke to Leo. "I want to apologise to you Leo. I'm sorry for pushing you away from my sister. It was wrong of me to do that with the vow we promised to keep. I can see how happy she is with you and that you can keep her safe and loved. Please accept my apology and can we start over again?"

I held my breath at the bravery Tristen held in having this speech in front of us all.

Closing the distance, Leo shook Tristen's outstretched hand with a smile.

"Thank you Tristen for accepting me with your sister. I love her with all my soul and would never hurt her." Leo promised.

"Then all I have to say is welcome to the family!" Tristen beamed pulling Leo for a hug.

They hugged it out and smiled brightly. That was it. I reunited with my brothers excluding Jace but knew he would come around in his own time.

Noah placed his hands on Leo's shoulder and guided him into the kitchen closer to me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and tiptoed up to kiss him. Being here with my brothers was great but I was missing a piece of my heart. Now that he was here, everything was all working out.

"Eww no PDA in here!" Chase groaned making us laugh.

I smiled against Leo's lips, his eyes shining in happiness. "I love you princess."

"I love you too." I said bringing our lips together.

Knowing my brothers were in the room watching me and Leo kiss didn't make me feel shy. I loved Leo and he loved me.

Flicks of cold water tapped the side of my head pulling me away from Leo.

"Finally that got you two to stop!" Chase smiled.

"Yes thank you Chase. Please refrain from eating my sisters face. It's gross!" A loud voice echoed from the doorway.

My head snapped to the sound where Jace stood wrinkling his nose.

"I don't really do apologies and all but since everyone else did it I will too." He started walking further into the kitchen. "I'm sorry for being a twat and stupid brother for saying those things to you. I'm sorry for everything, please forgive me?"

Walking to him, I stopped a foot away. "I forgive you Jace."

He smiled pulling me in a hug. A bone crushing hug!

"C-can't b-breath!!" I gasped at the tightest hug out of all my brothers.

"Oops sorry." He winked.

I flicked his arm knowing he did that on purpose. Inside I felt overjoyed we were back to our teasing stage, just like it was before everything kicked off wrongly.

***

Monday morning at college I was feeling so happy no person could put a damper on my mood - even if they tried.

I sorted everything out with my brothers and they all accepted Leo warmly. The scariest part was telling them about the house me and Leo are living in. Noah was normal, having known about this piece of information but the rest found it hard to believe.

The twins got over it and demanded to see the place as well as Tristen who wanted to do his checks - to ease his protectiveness. So Sunday was spent with a full house and a lot of snooping around, but I love every moment.

Tapping my fingers on the table in the canteen, I thought long and hard.

"You know... it sucks to not know the girl who has Chase's heart."

Chloe and Hailey sat next to me, munching on their lunch.

"Really? Thats quiet surprising." Chloe commented.

"I know but between him and Jace, Chase was always the one I pictured to find a girlfriend." I added chewing a breadstick.

Turning her attention to me, Chloe smiled. "So I guess you did everything to find out who she is right?"

"Of course! The bugger wouldn't spill and neither did Jace, Noah or Tristen." I complain.

Boys and their boy code of secrecy!

"Did you get a hold of his phone? maybe he has her number stored there." She suggested.

I gave her a deflated look. "Tried but failed."

All the while Hailey was quiet and I turned to her curiously.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?"

She gulped composing her face. "I'm not! I don't have anything to say for that matter."

I watched her casually eat her lunch. This wasn't right, something was up.

"Do you know who this girl is?" I asked watching for signs of hesitation.

I shared a look with Chloe as we both looked at Hails.

Keeping her eyes on her lunch, she waited a moment before answering. "How would I know if Chase isn't even telling you. He would surely tell you before me and Chloe found out."

A light bulb flashed in my mind at that very second. I remembered about Hailey liking Chase and vice versa.

Of course, Chase only ever spoke about Hailey. They both liked each other and maybe it was Hailey! After all Chase did say he wasn't happy about the vow, so he broke it too.

I grinned happily, squealing on the spot causing Chloe to jump. Hailey looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"What's up!" Chloe said quickly looking around her.

Smirking to myself, I decided to have a little fun with Hailey and Chase and not spill the beans - yet.

"Nothing I thought I saw a bug." I lied flicking the crumbs away.

Chloe sighed in relief with a hand on her heart. "Oh good, I thought it was something bad."

Nothing bad, I thought privately. Sending Hailey a discreet wink, I bid my goodbyes and left college as I was done for the day.

Time to meet Leo and tell him my what I figured out.

***

"I don't see the point in me going home to drop my car off and bus it to you." I said in the car.

Leo was driving, obviously because he wanted to. We were heading to Sainsbury's to stock up our kitchen seeing as my brothers emptied all of our cupboards and fridge.

"You know it's pointless to have two cars at the same place. It saves petrol to go together in one and its good for the environment because you took the bus." He smirked holding my hands.

I scoffed at his save the world speech. "You just want to be the man in this relationship to increase your already inflated ego."

Leo laughed easily, controlling the wheel with one hand. "Oh princess, are you sure you're right? I'm pretty sure you don't have a dick."

"You haven't even seen nothing." I retorted smugly.

It was true. Leo has only seen me in my underwear but that was it. We haven't gone further.

It was red light and Leo turned to me with lust filled eyes. "But I will one day. I will see all of your body and kiss every part too."

My face heated up, my cheeks blushing red. Leo caressed my cheek and continued to drive, leaving the intense hot atmosphere between us.

"So we just get what we need on the list and pay for it." I said holding the shopping list.

Leo pushed the trolley with me in between, casually kissing my neck. Other shoppers blinked twice when they looked our way but who cares. We are two young people in love!

"Cool, I'll push and you pick." He easily said moving closer to me.

Smiling I kissed him passionately, before I quickly moved away from his arms.

"If you keep doing that, we will be here till the store closes and I don't want that." I insist with a wink.

Leo rolls his eyes and complies by pushing the trolley in the isles. This casual moment out a smile on my face as we chose the brand and type of food items we needed.

"I think we have enough now." I said looking at the trolley. It was all full!

Takin my hand, Leo steered the way to the freezer where the ice creams were.

"You missed a spot." He grins looking lustily at the ice creams.

I chuckled at his posture and leaned my head on his arm. "Pick away."

Leo took a very long time to choose an ice cream. The guy was worse than me at picking clothes and I was feeling tired for being on my feet all day.

"You are the only male I know who took that long to pick ice cream." I state at the till whilst we put our grocery on the conveyor belt.

"What can I say, me and ice cream have a very special relationship." He jokes playfully.

"You chose ice cream over me?" I gasp placing my hand over my heart.

Closing the distance between us, Leo wraps me in his arms and gives me a soft lingering kiss.

I moan lightly at the pleasure I receive just from his lips as he traces my bottom lip for entrance. Denying entrance due to the location, I try hard and resist pulling away gently.

"Not here, with a crowd forming." I say motioning around us.

True to my words, the cashier is gawping at us and a lady is covering her child's eye whilst giving us a glare.

Leo chuckles tracing his finger over my lip. "I love you, so much princess."

"Love you too."

"Enough with the lovey dovely talk, can you please pack your groceries?" The lady with the child demands angrily.

Not wanting to cause a scene, me and Leo giggle between us and start to pack our food. Once it's all paid for we head to the car and drive home.

"I was thinking we should invite your Dad and brothers to dinner sometime next week. What do you think?" Leo asks on the way home.

"That would be great. We haven't had dinner together for a while." I smile.
"But your Mum has to come too." I add at the end.

Looking at me for a second, Leo returns his eyes to the road. "She will like that. So what day should we say?"

I thought about that. We are busy on the weekdays with Leo working and I have college. "I guess the weekend would be best or maybe Friday night." I suggest thinking about Tristen with his club.

"I say Friday will be better. That way we can relax the next day and not rush around to clean up."

"It's settled then, Friday." I announce. "You ring your Mum and I'll let Dad know and the boys." I said going through my bag in search for my phone.

"Err... there's no need to call your brothers..." Leo trails uncomfortable.

I frown at his tone and look up to see we were home. However, there were two cars parked in our drive that belonged to Tristen and Jace.

I groan and mumble under my breath for two reasons. One, they will rummage the kitchen and stay over till late. Two, I won't get to relax and soak up in the tub!

"What's up lovers?" Jace says loudly with a smirk when he opens my door.

-------------

Sorry for the delayed chapter. Got too much stuff going on ATM.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the brothers are back! I missed writing the boys but they will be in the coming chapter s from now on.

Also, sadly this book is coming to its end :(
just a couple more chapters then its a wrap!

Anyways.... COMMENT and VOTE please!!!! I need to know what you think :D