Chapter 12

"Sup guys." I greeted, walking up to Isogai and Maehara who were just walking around in the corridors chatting.
"Hey, (y- what happened?!" Isogai asked, almost yelling. His face was covered with concern and so was Maehara's. Maehara reached out to touch my neck, causing me to flinch back.
"Sorry... What happened?" he apologised quickly, his face not changing. I explained what happened, leaving out what Karma did when he found out. "Wait, why is there a bruise on your cheek? The guy didn't hit you on the face apart from when he hit you the first time..." Maehara asked, memories of Karma hitting me came flooding back to me.
"Nothing, I just forgot to mention that." I said softly, smiling at the two boys. We all hung out for a while, before we needed to go to our bedrooms.
"Bye, guys." I said, beginning to walk away before Maehara grabbed my arm.
"(y/n), what really happened to your cheek. We could tell you were lying. Isogai's too kind to say anything, but I want to know. Who did that to you, because it wasn't that guy."he said. Shit, he's good.
"It's really not importa-" I began, but was cut off by a low voice.
"Stop faking it, (y/n). It was me, I did it." Karma said his voice very serious and dark. Maehara gently pulled me away from Karma and towards him, his face showing anger.
"Tell me why you did it. She dealt with enough shit from those guys, why would you just hit her?!?!" He was beginning to raise his voice. This isn't good.
"It was an accident. It was my fault. He was having a fight with Nagisa and I stepped in front of a punch when it started to get out of hand. So both of you please stop being so stupid." I said, detaching myself from Maehara and walking off towards the balcony.
Looking up to the sky, I felt tears begin to roll down my face. Maybe if I was stronger, brother wouldn't have been taken. We wouldn't have been kidnapped if I was stronger. Look at me, I'm so fucking weak. Take away my brother and I'm completely pathetic and helpless. I hate this so much. I only seem to bring destruction wherever I go.
"Brother... What do I do?" I whispered, staring up at the moon- or what's left of it atleast. It's funny, when brother's not around, only bad things seem to be happening. I know, I'll go and talk to Irina-sensei for a while. Walking past the boy's dorm and hearing voices, I decided to eavesdrop.
"Looks like Kanzaki-san is the best girl in the class." after that, I began to walk away. I wasn't interested. Wait, shit, I'm going the wrong way. I once again heard voices from the boy's dorm as I passed,
"Are you interested in any girls in the class?" I heard someone say,
"Okuda-san, I guess." I heard someone else say- wait, Karma? Damn dude, didn't know that was his type. Cool for him, I guess. Walking towards Irina-sensei's dorm and knocking, I saw her open the door,looking flawless as usual.
"What do you want?" she spoke bluntly.
"Awwwwwww, come on Venus Honeytrap. Don't pretend you don't know me, remember that mission we did together last year." I said winking at her as her eyes widened, dragging me into her room.
"So it really is you..." she mumbled, I put my index finger over my lips as a signal to not tell anyone, she just nodded.
"Ummmm... Is it okay if I sleep in here tonight? I'll take the floor, I just don't want to be with all of those people when I sleep..." I said, looking down, embarrassed. Without a verbal answer, she pushed me out of her room and closed the door before screaming
"GET OVER IT!"
With an exasperated sigh, I started walking towards the balcony again. Putting my earphones in my ears and sitting down. Once again looking up at the sky I began to sing softly.
" I've got skin and I've got bones,
Built to hold your body close,
Built to shell a driftwood heart made out of stone.
Trace my tongue along your hips,
Planting flowers with my lips,
Carving hearts inside your palms with empty fingertips.
But I'm feeling so alone, wishing you would just come home,
Because it's getting dark, and all I have is time,
Time may be the death of me,
But time will never be the death of us."

I feel a tear begin to roll down my face, followed by a few others.

"With a tear,
I say goodbye.
And watch the moonlight,
Leave your eyes.
Kiss me dear,
One more time.
Take my hand and...
Hold it tight."

I begin to whimper slightly before continuing. Smiling sadly as I remember all the great memories my brother and I had.

"Broken stitches on your back,
Where your wings were once attached,
The devil's in your veins to keep you company.
Lay your skull across my chest,
Burn your flesh into my flesh,
Painting raindrops with your blood,
Until it's all been bled.
But you're feeling so alone,
Wishing I would just come home,
Because it's getting dark,
And all we have is time.
Time may be the death of you, but time will never get the best of us."

I leaned back in the chair as more tears cascaded down my face.

"With a tear, I say goodbye and watch the moonlight leave your eyes.
Kiss me dear, one more time.
Take my hand and...
Hold it tight."

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I want to be with brother, I can't live without him. I was pulled into a broad chest as a hand rubbed my back soothingly.
"K-Karma...?" I questioned, disappointed with myself for letting him see me like this twice now.
"No, it's me." I look up to see the smiling face of Maehara.
"Maehara-kun..."
"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Hiroto?" he questions, the soothing smile not leaving his face once.
"Sorry... Hiroto. Thank you, I feel calmer now."
"Do you need to talk about it?" I was about to refuse, but I couldn't hold it in anymore, I needed to tell someone.
"I... I was so... I'm terrified, I was so scared, I feel so helpless and useless. I'm constantly making you, Isogai and Karma look out for me. I don't want to. I just attract disaster..." I whimpered out, burying my face into his chest. He just kept rubbing my back soothingly before picking me up and carrying me bridal style to my dorm room, making me giggle. "Oh, such a gentleman!" I said jokingly, sticking my tongue out before going in to find everybody surrounding Irina. "Bye, Hiro-" I turned around only to see him gone. Weird... Oh well.
Before I knew it, I watched a large octopus being chased by a bunch of middle school students with knives... I love this class so fucking much!