Chapter 17

Your p.o.v

I walked into the bathroom, feeling dirty and unclean. Karma told me I can take a bubble bath if I want to, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. I need to relax after whatever the fuck just happened. I look over Karma's stash of somewhat fancy bubble bath soaps, settling on a generic one that smelled like cherries. I began to run the tap, soon pouring in the soap and watching as the bubbles begin to form.
Eventually, the bath was ready so I made sure to close the door, before getting undressed quickly and uncomfortably and slowly getting into the warm water. All in all, the bath was quite relaxing, until I began to wash myself, that is. I sat in the corner of the tub, legs pressed against my chest and a sponge in my hand. I began scrubbing viciously, trying to get the feeling out of my skin. The feeling of being used against my own will in such a way. I must've looked crazy if anyone saw me, my body was covered in bruises from previous beatings, my neck still had blood trickling down it, and my chest was starting to bleed, small cuts breaking open here and there as I rubbed away the layers of skin with the sponge, mumbling words like 'dirty' and 'unclean' to myself subconsciously. I then moved down to my stomach, and the cycle continued.

Karma's p.o.v

Hmmmmmmm, (y/n)'s been a while in there, it shouldn't be taking her so long. I walked up to the bathroom door and knocked softly.
"(y/n), you in there? You okay?" I didn't hear an answer, and she would usually answer immediately... She's probably not in there, but I should check anyway. Just incase... I hesitantly opened the door, closing my eyes tightly due to kind of expecting her to scream at me and throw something, but she didn't. I looked over to the bath and saw her in there, scrubbing away at the skin aggressively, I blushed at the sight, I couldn't see anything bad, that was all hidden by the bubbles, but that doesn't mean I couldn't see her legs, the top of her chest, her bare arms and her back.
"Dirty, unclean, dirty, unclean, dirty, dirty, dirty." she started scrubbing even more viciously, more of her skin breaking and rubbing away. I gently grabber her hand, still blushing like mad, and tried to pull away the sponge. She held on tightly, still 'cleaning' her arm. I took it slightly more forcefully and ripped it out of her grip. "(y/n)... Why would you do this to yourself...?" I was pretty much pleading her to tell me, her skin was fine until stupid Asano came along, and now SHE'S ruining it, too? I sighed in defeat, putting the sponge in the tub and beginning to rub her back with it soothingly, cleaning it and relaxing her at the same time. I then moved to her arms, then her neck, then her chest (which was a bit awkward) and then legs (which was even more awkward) before telling her to get out and get changed.
I sat back down in the living room, unpausing my game and thinking about what just happened... Why did she keep giving me that look? The one where her eyes were massive and just staring at me in wonder and awe, as if I was some kind of prized possession. Soon, she walked down the stairs, my black t-shirt went down to about halfway between her thigh and knees when she was standing, and her basketball shorts- wait, where are they? WHY ISN'T SHE WEARING ANY TROUSERS?!?!
"Oh, sorry... You're probably wondering why there's a lack of trousers. Don't worry, my legs just hurt when I tried to put on the shorts you gave me. I hope you don't mind, 'cause if you do I can go and put them on..." she apologised, I just mumbled "don't worry." in response, not really wanting her to change if I'm perfectly honest. I turned back to the screen, continuing to focus on my game. I felt her come and sit next to me, I looked over to see her glancing down at her thumbs which were twiddling nervously. I paused the game and turned towards her, pulling her up onto my lap, making her gasp in shock.
"I'll never let him hurt you again..." I whispered in her ear, biting the shell slightly which made her whimper. I traced my fingers over her neck, looking at the marks that now tainted her skin. It'll take a while for them to go away... I got up and placed her back down on the couch, telling her to wait there and jogging up the stairs towards my bedroom. I looked in my closet and found a black and red checkered scarf that would cover her neck perfectly. Excellent. I quickly went back down the stairs and tied the scarf around her neck, hiding the bruises and love-bites.
"There, now just try not to think about it. He's gone now and he's not going to do anything like that to you again for as long as live." I reassured her, pulling her back into my lap and kissing her nose. I leaned her back on my chest and put my head in the crook of her neck, pulling my arms around her waist and continuing to play video games.
"Tell anyone about this and you're dead." she threatened playfully, leaning back into my chest more.
"I'd love to see you attempt to kill me, it would be really amusing." I mocked her.
"Don't push your luck, flamethrower."