Wings #1 BEGIN

JEON JUNGKOOK

● Jungkook is the childhood version of Sinclair. His video is the first one to be released and also he's the youngest one in the group.

● Jungkook (Sinclair) is innocent and strongly believes in Jehova-the Jewish god. He looks upto his sisters and respects his parents a lot. According to him, the heaven is where his parents are.

● 'The realms of day and night. Two different worlds coming from two opposite poles mingled during this time'  these are the lines that Rapmonster read out in the beginning of the first short film. Obviously, this is from the book.

It tells us that Sinclair(kook) believes that there are 2 different realms, day and night or dark and light or GOOD and EVIL.

● Unlike the others, Jungkook is seen to be pure and doesn't do anything distructive in his film. This again tells us that he's the childhood version of Sinclair.Sinclair begins the novel as a mentally precocious ten-year-old boy. He has a jumble of thoughts, but no real sense of what to make of them. He has a sense that there is more to the world than what he learns in school and from his parents.

●The Hangul quote about 50 seconds in reads, “The dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest.” --> this is before he met Demian.

●The few frames directly afterwards play an echoed audio clip of Jungkook singing. These lines basically state, “The 15 year old me who didn’t have anything" clears up the fact that JK indeed represents child!Sinclair.

● the whistle in the beginning of BEGIN short film is a link to the book as well. A boy named Kromer often whistled to summon Sinclair and threaten him. I'm not going into much of a detail but all you need to know is that Sinclair is afraid of Kromer because Kromer is NOT a good guy and so, he even feared the whistle and panicked whenever he heard it. Sometimes he would be so caught up in his fears that he heard the whistle even in his dreams and woke up terrified.

● the painting - In the book Sinclair paints a potrait. A potrait of someone who looks a lot like Demian but not exactly. Later he pins the painting to a window and when the sun rays pass through it, the painting has the features of Sinclair himself. Further ahead he discovers that the painting is of Eva.

● The book is solely about development of Sinclair both mentally and physically. The characters Demian and Eva aren't real people, they are Sinclair's subconscious. To make the book simpler, easier to understand and meaningful,  a part of Sinclair has been given the name Demian.
Note: I'm repeating that Demian and Eva aren't actually real people.

● the painting catches fire and the glass shatters. Shattering of glass can be considered a transition from his childhood to his adolescence. More like, Jungkook breaks out of his childhood.

● Letter - In the book Sinclair receives a letter from Demian saying 'The bird struggles out of the egg. The egg is the world. Who would be born must first destroy a world. The bird then flies to God. That God's name is Abraxas'.

Link to HYYH - Same haircut lol.
1. In INU Jungkook walks around carelessly but does nothing suicidal, while the rest of the members try to kill themselves.
2. In RUN he almost gets hit by a car. This isn't actual death, as I said before, he signifies childhood, it is the death of Sinclair's childhood and not of Sinclair himself.
3. Throughout the HYYH era you can see Jungkook acting innocent, staring ahead aimlessly. This shows how confused he is with the world and how he is tangled in his own thoughts.

● I shall talk about Yoon Kook, in yoongi's chapter.