Wings #3 STIGMA

V AKA KIM TAEHYUNG

V represents a grown 18 year old(approx) Sinclair.

● 'It was the first fissure in the columns that had upheld my childhood, which every individual must destroy before he can become himself. Such fissure and rents grow together again, heal and are forgotten, but in the most secret recesses, they continue to live and bleed.'

Taehyung represents the rebellious stage of Sinclair's life. This is where his life actually changes.

● Story timeu: When Demian left Sinclair completely and didn't respond to any of his letters, Sinclair left home and moved to a boarding school. He began drinking alcohol almost everyday to a point where it didn't intoxicate him anymore. He once considered drinking a crime but now he was indifferent to it. This is what he means by fissure (a crack) or a flaw in his perfect life. The boy who was so studious and perfect wasn't so anymore. And those little flaws that developed in him (lying about stealing apples, drinking alcohol, spending all day at the bar,etc) didn't heal/disappear, instead they continued to live and bleed ruining him even more than he already was.

● And so Sinclair's life becomes meaningless and he starts looking for Demian again and that's when he meets Pistorius(Rapmonster). After Demian, Pistorius is Sinclair's (V's) second mentor. Until then, all the ideas inside Sinclair's head were reserved to him and Demian only. But when he meets Pistorius and tells him about Abraxas, he discovers that he isn't alone. As Pistorius knows more about Abraxas than Sinclair does,  he becomes the latter's mentor.

● I will talk more about V and Namjoon's relationship later but for now, this much will do.

● If you remember,I had told you that Sinclair(V) considers his parents to be the ultimate symbol of heaven. Throughout his childhood, he thinks that good people belong in heaven and bad people in hell. This ideology changes when he meets Demian right? So in HYYH, Taehyung kills his father. His mother is already dead because he crumples the picture of him and his mom in the RUN MV. 
This killing of his parent shows that he killed his previous worldview of how things were and finally accepts the world as Demian says it is.

● This is why during the inquiry, when the police officer asks Tae about his parents he answers saying "I have no such thing". This shows that he broke free from bonds like family and friends. Also, Taehyung looks away when the officer starts drinking water bcs it reminds him of his father drinking alcohol.

● Also, Sinclair often mentions that the he loves holidays because it reminds him of his childhood. He is amazed by his sister bcs she remained unchanged while he changed so much. So when the lyrics say 'I'm sorry I'm sorry my sister' it is obvious that he's letting go of her as well.

● This is evident when a puppy slips away from Tae's hands and a cage falls on top of him. The puppy represents his childhood life and innocence. The cage as mentioned in the letter before, is the world.

● Taehyung (Sinclair) finally notices the cage/world around him and in order to be free, he must break out of it.

● In the beginning of the video, you can see Taehyung scratching the name 'Abraxas'. Who is it?
Abraxas is the god Demian tells Sinclair about. Unlike the Christian god who is only the god of good, Abraxas is the god of both good and evil and one must worship him in order to attain a higher life.

Phone call: V asks if he can make a phone call in this 3rd wings video but the officer doesn't let him. This is again a link to the story where Sinclair (v) leaves Pistorius(Namjoon). Sinclair respects Pistorius but when he sees the man drunk and lost in his own thoughts,he decides to leave him as he thinks- 'if a man cannot escape from his own little world, how will he be able to help me?'

Link to HYYH:
1. Nam-tae or VMon is the ship since the beginning of the era. In INU we can see them hanging out together. In RUN Namjoon is always with Taehyung, they even get arrested and escape together becs of graffiti. And most importantly, in prologue, V calls Namjoon after killing his father which shows that V looks upto Namjoon and the latter is his mentor. I will explain the phone call later in Namjoon's chapter.

2.In RUN, Jin builds a house of cards and the one who makes it fall is Taehyung. U can see that the rest of the members are just standing behind Jin and they don't do much. This again tells us that V represents the rebellious stage of Sinclair's life.

● In HYYH, we can see that JK dies in a car accident. Jimin drowns himself in the bathtub and V is seen jumping into the water and then drowning. This is how he dies. Note: when I talk about their death, it doesn't mean actual death. It means the death or end of the phase of life they represent.