Wings #2 LIE

PARK JIMIN

● Jimin is a little grown up, but not an adult version of Sinclair.

● 'My parents house made up one realm. This realm was familiar to me in almost every way. Mother and father, love and strictness, moral behaviour and school.' - were the words read out by our Joonie. This tells us that Jimin(Sinclair) still clings onto his old ideals, the one that his parents and school fed him, until he meets his Demian(Jhope).

● His thoughts about society and religious practices change when he meets Demian ; Sinclair starts feeling uneasy and impure for having let those thoughts plant themselves in his mind.

●Hence the lyrics - "Caught in a lie, find back the pure me. I cannot get out of this lie, Give me back my smile.
Caught in a lie, Save me from this hell. I can't get out of this chaos,  Save me who's being punished."

● In the beginning of the film, we can see Jimin taking a psychological test in which he just smiles and shrugs at every card that is shown to him. But on the inside he seems to be struggling and strangling himself. This shows that on the outside, he is smiling, which is a facade, a lie whereas on the inside he is dying.

● In the book Sinclair goes through the same when he first associates with Demian. He has mixed feelings and thoughts and has a very hard time sorting himself out. At one point, as much as Sinclair loves Demian, he hates him too.

● J-Hope is Jimin's Demian. This can be observed right from the beginning of HYYH, because it's always Jihope.
The empty bed next to Jimin,  the Eva card and the martini glass with pills all lead us to Jhope.

● Demian leaves Sinclair for a few years and doesn't stay in touch. This can be seen when Jimin has a pillow fight alone, all by himself. It can also be seen when he affectionately stares at the empty bed next to him.

●At the end of the video we can see the curtains around Jimin lift. It means that the lie or the illusion he has been living in has been lifted.

● Jimin falls into the bathtub and wakes up in bed - this is his transition into the next stage of life.

● the apple - In the book, Sinclair lies about stealing apples.

● The painting - It is a facade. A lie.

Link to HYYH - the bathtub?
1. In INU you can see Jimin in a bathtub, crying and in pain. That is because he lost Demian (Jhope).
2. In RUN you can see the friendship between Jhope and Jimin and how Jimin is right there when Hobi wakes up at the hospital and hits him with a pillow.
They even fall onto the ground together with Jimin's arm around Hope's shoulder. This shows that they are one being, i.e, Sinclair and Demian are one.

[I'm reminding you again that Demian is Sinclair's subconscious.]