Finally Complete

Happy Thanksgiving, all my American fans/friends out there! I thought I'll do a little something-something for ya!

Dedication goes to prettykitty280. This entire book is dedicated to her, an awesome friend/sister!

Btw, these are one-shots, so they are different from each other, so there's no particular order. Keep that in mind, okay?

Caterpillars!

Finally Complete

"Natsu! Get out! I'm tired of you coming into my house without even knocking! Don't come back, until you've learned some manners!" Lucy yelled, slamming the door in Natsu and Happy's face.

"Don't worry, Natsu. She won't be angry at us tomorrow, you'll see."  Happy said reassuringly.

"You think?" Natsu asked, making his way back to the guild.

"For sure!" 

However, Happy was wrong. For the next three days, Lucy didn't even show up at the guild. No one had heard from her ever since, and with each passing moment Natsu felt guiltier and guiltier.

"I'm sure she's not mad, Natsu-san! She's probably just a  little sick and doesn't want you to catch her cold or something!" Wendy said, trying to be optimistic. 

"I don't think that's the case." Erza murmured, while Natsu kept silent.

It was a regular day (besides Lucy's disappearance) and normal activities were going on in the guild of Fairy Tail. Gray was away on a mission, so at least there was no fighting, but the guild was still as noisy and loud as ever. But if it wasn't, then it wouldn't be Fairy Tail, now would it?

"Come on Natsu, cheer up! Why don't you go to her house?" Mira asked, looking at Natsu who was sitting at the bar beside Erza and Wendy.

"I've tried." Natsu replied dejectedly, "Her windows are closed and her door is locked. For some reason, I can't even break down the door."

"Hey, Natsu!" Lisanna greeted, sitting at the bar beside Wendy. Then she noticed his sullen face, "What's wrong?"

"Lucy's not around, and he's been like this ever since." Mira explained.

"Oh, Natsu!" Lisanna said teasingly, wiggling her eyebrows, "Do I sense something here?"

"Nah, he's too dense to know anything like love." Gray replied for him, also joining the conversation.

"Oh, Gray-san, you're back from your mission!" Wendy exclaimed, greeting him.

"Who asked you, Ice-head?" Natsu spat, glaring at him dangerously.

"Lisanna did!" Gray replied, meeting his gaze evenly.

"Please don't drag me into this." Lisanna sweat-dropped, her hands up in surrender.

"I'm back!" Levy yelled, the doors of the guild flying open as she came, "Hey, Natsu! I just saw Lucy and she wants you to meet her at the Sakura Tree at midnight."

Natsu immediately perked up, running out the door after thanking Levy. In less than five minutes, Natsu had made it to the Sakura tree. He sat down to catch his breath. There were still a few hours left unti midnight, but Natsu didn't want to be late, so he was going to wait.

After about an hour, Natsu got tired of waiting. He was hungry and tired, but he sat there, looking for Lucy's figure. After about another hour, Natsu fell asleep.

"Natsu!" A soft voice exclaimed, stirring Natsu from his sleep. He pushed himself up and rubbed his eyes, greeted with a familiar sight.

"Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed, eveloping her in a hug, "What happened to you? Are you still mad?"

She pulled away, slightly miffed, "Nothing happened, and why would I be mad?"

"Because I kept breaking in to your house. I thought that you wouldn't even want to see me." Natsu said, looking down slightly.

Lucy stared at him for a second, then burst out laughing. Natsu watched her laugh, completely blank. She finally ceased, taking deep breaths to calm herself.

"Oh, Natsu..." She sighed, still laughing slightly, "That's not what happned at all." 

"But then, why were you away from the guild for so long?" Natsu asked, surprised. 

"Let me show you." Lucy winked, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the edge of the town before he had a chance to protest. They entered the forest, and abruptly turned towards the caves.

Lucy pulled him into one of the dark caves, still running strong. Natsu's vision suddenly went white, and Natsu had to blink a couple of times to adjust to the sudden brightness.

The cave was incredible. The walls and floors were made of some blue, fluorescent material, which glowed brightly. At the back of the cave there was a small pool, which glittered from all the light. There was a small hole in the roof, letting a bit of moonlight stream through. A blanket was spread on the rocky floor, with a picnic all set up for them.

"Happy Birthday, Natsu. I wish you all the best in your life!" Lucy exclaimed.

It suddenly hit him. How could he have forgotten his own birthday? It was a day he had been looking forward to for a long time, and it slipped his mind.

Because of Lucy.

Lucy ended up always being on his mind, and when he thought she was mad at him, Natsu really didn't seem to care about anything else. 

But what was happening to him?  Why was Lucy the only thing on his mind lately? Why did Natsu notice all the little details about her, like how her hair was loose, outlining her face beatifully and making her look beautiful. And when every Natsu looked into her warm, chocolate brown eyes, he forgot about everything, even his name.

Why did he feel so incomplete without her?

"Thank you, Lucy." Natsu said as soon as he regained the ability to speak.

Lucy smiled, that beautiful smile of hers. His heart started to beat fast, and it felt like butterflies were flying around in his stomach. Natsu simply sat on the blanket beside Lucy, unable to say anything.

Was this magic?

"No, Natsu, I'm not using magic. Why?" Lucy asked. Natsu's eyes widened as he realized he had said those words aloud.

"N-nevermind." Natsu stammered.

I swear I saw Natsu blush. Lucy thought, What's happening? 

"Eat away!" Lucy exclaimed, pushing her thoughts aside. She pulled out the food and began to eat. After a while, she noticed Natsu wasn't eating. He was only staring at her, and Lucy blushed slightly.

"What's wrong?"

"Why are you so beautiful?" Natsu mumbled, grabbing a sandwich.

"What?" Lucy asked, her eyes widening. 

Natsu's face flushed, but he continued to speak, "Why does my heart beat so fast when I look at you? Why do I view everyone else as friends but you seem different? Why are you something more to me? Why am I so incomplete without you?"

Lucy's brain struggled to proccess the words he was saying. 

"Why do I love you so much?" Natsu asked, pulling Lucy close.

Lucy's face was red, it took all her effort not to start hyperventilating. She had been waiting for this moment for so, so long, and now that it was finally here, it seemed like a dream, a fairy tale.

Natsu leaned in closer, the gap between their lips lessening and lessening. Finally, he closed it. At first, Lucy was unresponsive. But soon, their lips were moving in perfect sync.

This was it. Their fairy tale was finally coming true. 

Both of them finally felt complete.

~Infinite_Warrior