You're my Angel

Natsu and Lucy are already going out in this one, to clear it up a bit. I also apologize in advance for the horrible writing and length of this chapter. I don't have an explanation as to why. Please excuse me, though.

     "Maybe you will get this, but you're the only one. Maybe you'll understand the things I'm too scared to actually tell you. Only if you listen though, but I doubt you will."   

    "After seeing you go through this insanity, can't I help you? Can't I help you for once, friend? Can you stop always acting strong and let me help you?"

Something was wrong with her.

Natsu noticed her betrayed eyes, her jumpy behavior, and how she even pushed away her own boyfriend, Natsu himself. She had emotionally closed herself off from the world, and Natsu didn't like it. He had a suspicion of what was troubling her, but he didn't know for sure. All he knew that she was sad, and he'd go to hell and back to make her better.

For now, Natsu tried to make her tell him. He had asked her many times what was wrong, but she refused to say anything.

She would force a smile onto her face, and assure him nothing was wrong. But something was wrong, and Natsu knew it.

He couldn't take her broken face anymore. He couldn't stand to see his angel falling right out of heaven. But she wouldn't let him help her, and he was confined to watching her endure her pain.

She smiled, but it was sour. She laughed, but it was bitter. She was normal, but it was an act. She was screaming for help while at the same time staying completely silent. She was silently screaming to him, practically pleading for help, but Natsu didn't know what to do. He had never been good at dealing with sadness, especially other people's. He usually used his goofiness to make them laugh and it would be all over, but something was different about this.

Finally, he asked the question weighing on his mind.

"Why do you sacrafice your own happiness for others around you? Why can you not lean on me, and let me help you with your burdens?" Natsu asked, placing a hand undereath her chind and forcing her too look at him, "I'm yours, Lucy, and you know that. I'm always going to be there for you."

Their intense gaze stayed intact for a few moments, before Lucy tore away. She gently pushed aside his hand and inched away from him. 

"Tell me, Lucy." Natsu begged, grabbing her hand before she ran away from him, again. She had bn

"It's true." Lucy finally confessed, "All those things they said about me, it's true."

Natsu almost blew up with rage. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, trying not to scream, "You are none of those. You are the most beautiful person I have met. Don't let these idiots drag you down. Your soul isn't dark, and you're not heartless. You're kind, beautiful, funny, and completely perfect. You don't need to change yourself to their liking, because I like you just the way you are."

Lucy looked at him in shock and disbelief. Their voices had been ringing in the back of her head for so long, and Natsu was just flicking them out of her head like they were nothing. How on earthland was Natsu able to do that? How did he have such power over her?

"Lucy, have you forgotten about out love? Did you forgot about the oath we made to each other the day we decided to be together?" Natsu asked, putting a hand on her cheek.

Lucy's eyes were wide. Of course, how could she have forgotten? It was the one moment she had treasured forever, hidden deep within her heart where it could never be taken away from her. Why did she dvelve so deep into her misery that she forgot about her love? Why did their words even hurt her so much?

Lucy buried her face in her hands as she remembered. Her father's words had been so similar. Calling her useless, stupid, and a disgrace to mages had reminded her too much off her darker days. It was torture.

"The promise." Natsu gently reminded, removing her hands from her face.

"I will always be there for you. Trust me with anything." Natsu said, smiling at her.

Lucy let the comfortable silence fill the air for a few moments, before replying, "I promise I will, as long as you do too."

"You're my angel, Lucy. I'd die if anything happened to you. You don't know how much its been killing me to see you like this. I don't care what they say about you. I will always love you." Natsu said, burrying his face into her neck, "You're my angel."

"I love you, Natsu." Lucy sighed, all her worry and pain fading away with those four words.

~Infinite_Warrior