Under the Mistletoe Part 1 - Sudden Jobs and Broken Hearts

Happy Birthday prettykitty280! <3 I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing. Although this chapter is a little.... I won't say anything. But there will be a part 2, which will come out on Christmas Day!

[update 3/5]

Caterpillars!

Under the Mistletoe Part 1 - Sudden Jobs and Broken Hearts

Now that Natsu and Lucy were "officially" a couple, Natsu was taking Lucy out on their first date. Fortunately, Chirstmas Eve was a mere week away, the perfect time for a perfect date.

This year, Magnolia was holding the famous Chirstmas Festival, an event featured all over Fiore. It was a two day event that took place over the span of Chirstams Eve and Chirstmas day. It was said to be beautiful, and Natsu thought this would be perfect for a first date.

Levy, Mira, Lisanna, and Erza were all going to help Lucy prepare for the date. It was a big thing for Lucy, so she had asked her friends to help her look her best. 

Currently, the five friends were going shopping together, looking for Lucy's perfect dress. 

"Ooh, this one's so cute!" Mira squealed, pulling out a purple dress. Lucy blushed just by looking at it, and shook her head quickly.

"How about this one?" Erza suggested, showing a black and red dress that looked like it was 80 years old. Lucy refused politely, turning to some other shelves.

"What about this one?" Levy asked, a green dress in her hands. 

"Or this one!" Lisanna added, putting a white dress in her hands.

Lucy examined them both closely, but sighed and shook her head. They didn't seem.... right. 

Lucy sighed again. You'd think that the biggest mall in Magnolia would have something, right?

"This one's perfect!" Mira and Levy said at the same time, both of them holding the same dress. Everyone laughed, while Lucy came over curiosuly and looked at the pink dress.

It was dark pink at the top, which came down from the left shoulder, and turned lighter as it went down until it was completely white. Small, shiny, silver beads decorated the surface, like stars in the night sky. The dress was slightly frilly, but not so much that it seemed uncomfortable. It was indeed the dress.

"This is it!" Lucy exclaimed, coming out of the change room. The dress fit Lucy perfectly, it was like the dress was made for her.

"And I got some great shoes to go with it!" Erza said, holding up a pair of white high-heels.

Lucy quickly changed back into her regular clothes, and the girls went to pay for the dress and shoes. After some lunch, Lucy headed back to her apartment and safely put away the dress in her closet.

 Tomorrow. Lucy thought, leaning on the bar at the guild, Tomorrow is the date. 

"Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mirajane, and Gajeel, come here!" Master Makarov suddenly called. In his hand was a piece of paper, which he looked at with worry.

The five mages made their way to the Master, who quietly told them about an important job. When Natsu turned away, the expression on his face surprised Lucy.

"I can't make it." Natsu said as he walked over to Lucy, "Their's an important package going through one of the towns and they want us five to protect it. It's going to take almost all day tomorrow, there's little chance I can make it to the date."