Cupcakes

AHHHHHAHGHAGHA I NEEDED TO UPDATE SO HERE YOU GO MY BEAUTIFUL LITTLE SMURF BUTTERFLIES (don't ask)

Enjoy~!

It was a relaxing day of for Lucy - she had recently paid her appartment fee, and had extra money to go shopping for supplies, and of course, treats. Now, she had the entire Sunday to do absouletely nothing - she couldn't go to the guild because Natsu and Gray had destroyed part of it, and it was being renovated.

Wendy and Erza were at a  job together when the mess happened, and they still weren't back yet, and Natsu and Gray were helping out with the reno as a punishment.

Everyone was busy in their own thing today, so Lucy was basicaly alone. She decided to whip up some coffee and try to work on her novel, but no inspiration came to her.

Even going on a sad movie marathon did seem appealing to her. She sighed, summoning Plue, and going on a walk. She was bored - a feeling she hadn't felt in so long after joining Fairy Tail. There was always something or the other going on, but now, there wasn't.

As her feet brought her back home, Lucy sighed and went inside drearily. Then, she had an idea. Maybe she could prepare some snacks for Natsu and Happy when they came back from their "detention". 

She already knew Gray had plans (that he was being forced into) wih Juvia, so she didn't need to make extra, but she made some anyway. 

Deciding to bake some cupcakes, she made the batter, and filled it into the cupcake platter. Then, she put it into the oven and focused on the icing. Halfway through, the door opened, but Lucy didn't hear it. She was too busy humming to herself and preparing the toppings for the cupcakes.

The pink-haired dragon slayer quietly let himself in the house - they had been realesed early because he and Gray were only causing more destruction. Happy decided he wanted to go home, eat fish, and sleep, so Natsu decided to go to Lucy's house.

He was about to yell Lucy's name, but as he walked into the kitchen, he saw her peacefully making whatever-it-was-she-was-making, and decided to wait until she noticed.

He sat at the table, watching her as she cooked. She still didn't realize he was there, and continued to hum the song and work.

Her pretty voice made Natsu forget what he had been thinking about, and all he heard was her cute singing. It wasn't the happiest of songs, but it was perfectly pitched and beautiful. He was mezmerised by her humming, and he sat there looking like a fool, staring at her.

He felt the urge to push the lock of hair that had fallen on her face behind her ear, but she did it instead, and she looked stunning doing it. Though she was wearing a pair of black tights and an oversized sweater, and her hair was in a messy ponytail, she looked more stunning then ever.

The oven beeped to inform Lucy that the cupcake base was finished, and as she turned to open the oven, she finally noticed Natsu.

"Oh my god, how long have you been there?"

"About half an hour." Natsu blurted out, and immediately felt blood rushing to his cheeks. He didn't understand why he was feeling embarassed - he snuck into Lucy's house all the time, not that it was a good thing, but he never felt like this. 

He never noticed her beauty in such a way before, and he never felt his heart beat this fast - even in an exiting battle.

"Natsu, you stalker!" Lucy exclaimed teasingly.

"What are you making?" Natsu asked, switching topics so that he wouldn't have to talk about it.

"Cupcakes," Lucy smiled, "I know you love them."

His stomach flipped at her smile, and Natsu felt stranger than ever. He felt dizzy, but as if he was floating, and was too excited.

"Are they ready?" Natsu asked breathlessly.

"Almost," Lucy said, "Do you want to lick the spoon?"

Natsu nodded eagerly, and Lucy laughed, making Natsu's head tingle. He walked over and took the spoon from her hand, momentarily touching her skin. In that one instant, he felt electricity race through his veins like aderenaline. 

As Natsu was about to lick the spoon, Lucy took the icing tool and drew a moustache above his lips. The icing felt cool on his face, and as she had put it on, he had been unable to tear his gaze away from her playful eyes, and her oh so red lips. 

He didn't know why, but he badly wanted to kiss Lucy. Natsu wasn't a romantic guy, he knew nothing about love - in fact, he hated cheesy romance stories. He had never thought he would be in a relationship, he didn't think about these things.

Natsu began to wonder why Lucy made him think about dating. It wasn't like . . . 

Oh no.

He had a crush on his best friend.

Natsu never knew this would happen. He didn't like complications much, he liked to be simple, and love was anything but simple. 

Natsu wiped the icing of his face and licked it, so many thoughts racing through his head it made it ache slightly.

"Hey, Lucy," Natsu said without thinking, "I like you."

Lucy's face turned crimson red, but it returned to normal quickly, and laughed it off nervously. She must've thought it was a joke, or Natsu was being dense, but for once, he wasn't.

"I like you too." Lucy said with a smile that made Natsu's heart flutters.

"B-but it's more than that," Natsu began, "I think I . . . I think that I . . ."

Natsu leaned forward and kissed her on her cherry red lips. Master had always told him that actions speak louder than words, and he had always questioned that with 'Actions speak?' but now he understood.

"I used to think love was stupid. But I never knew the true meaning of love until I met you." Natsu said honestly.

Lucy stood dumbfounded, but at last, she broke out into a wide grin, and kissed him back.

"I love you too, idiot."

NaLu <3

~Infinite_Warrior