Escape

Lluvia reached her home. Sean reluctantly dropped her off. Lluvia never told him the arrangements she had made the less he knew the better. Once inside Lluvia got an old duffle bag and left it ready she planned to leave on her graduation day. At 16 she had Kevin ask the court for her emancipation papers. Kevin told her it would be a few days but he obliged to prepare them for her as well with all the other things he promised to take care of. Lluvia knew Kevin suspected something was wrong but he didn't push he respected her choices and that's all that mattered soon she would be free. After getting things ready and hiding her bag she rushed down stairs to get food ready she knew today was the day her uncle would go to Kevin's office to pick up the check so he thought. Inside she wished she could see his face but she knew this was going to be a bad night. Lluvia prepared and took a few pain pills and rubbed vaseline all over she had seen boxers do it so the blows she received would not make so much contact , they could slide off or something. As soon as the food was ready she made her way upstairs and stayed there to wait.

An hour later she heard the front door slam moments later for a second time the door closed just not as harsh. Lluvia made her way downstairs to set up the table for her aunt and uncle. Sitting at the table they ate as always except this time her uncle was drinking more than eating he was pissed and it showed. Her aunt and uncle talked as if she were not even there.

Elsa : Well what do you mean they said it wasn't ready ?

Manuel : Kevin didn't say much except their was a breech and someone tried to access the account so things would be frozen for now.

Elsa : I told you not to ever hit in the face maybe they found out we don't need cops snooping around.

Manuel : No I don't think it was that.! Lluvia did any one mention your fucking face?

Lluvia : No. I stayed home I didn't want any one to find out or make any problems for you guys uncle.

Manuel looked triumphantly at his wife with a smirk on his face.

Manuel : You see the kid ain't that stupid. She knows not to fuck things up for me she knows I'd kill her.

Elsa : How do you know ? She could be lying setting you up baby. She looks like a lying little bitch to me.

Elsa continued to egg on her uncle till he threw his plate across the room, stood up and made his way toward Lluvia. Lluvia braced her self for what was to come. Once in front of her all hell broke lose he grabbed her by the shirt tearing it slightly and punched her as hard as he could out of breath Lluvia crumpled to the ground where her uncle continued his assault kicking her in the abdomen and lower back. When her uncle was finally tired his wife stood next to him handing him his beer. Manuel took a swig of his beer and poured the rest over Lluvias beaten body.
It was dark before she attempted to stand every thing ached she new he most of broke a rib cause she was having trouble breathing. She crawled to the stairs held on to the bannister for support and made her way to her room. Once in her room she undressed and stood in front of her old mirror and assessed the damage done to her. She through an old shirt that once belonged to her dad and pair of his old shorts and tried to sleep through her pain two more days and she was gone.

   Morning came she made her way down stairs started the coffee pot made toast and a pair of mushroom cheese omelets covered in a Spanish mild spicy sauce. After leaving their breakfast ready she went back to her room. Soon her uncle and aunt left the house. She dressed slowly and painfully. Down stairs she grabbed toast and coffee and 4 advil pain killers. Cleaned up the mess and grabbed her book bag and left for school. True to his word their was Sean waiting . He watched her through the rear view mirror walking slower than normal he knew something happened. Once in the car ......