Short lived Sanctuary

Graduation was great but it held a whole other meaning for me. I had borrowed Sean's cell and called Kevin he said he would come to my graduation and hand me my court order for emancipation signed by the judge before his appointment with her aunt and uncle. Now with the power of her emancipation she let  Kevin know that her aunt and uncle had mistreated her and she wanted nothing to do with them she did brief him in the extent of the abusive she simply said they where never kind and only had me there for the money they never showed me any love and I want nothing from this point forward to do with them.

Kevin's Pov:
I knew something was up ..... Those fuckers always here on the first exactly always asking for more saying Lluvia needed things ... Yeah right! Oh but I'm going to enjoy today's visit. I'm just glad the judge owed me a few favors. This will thing I don't care what Lluvia tells me I think she's scared of them fears for her safety I think I'll get her a protection order a restraining order against those two ... Time to call the judge again that will my gift to Lluvia on this day .... Oh bitter sweet. If only Lluvia would open up and give me a reason to Pursue a criminal case on them.

Graduation Lluvias name was called out and as she made her way to the stage she saw Kevin standing their waving an envelope at her with one hand and roses. After the ceremony she practically ran to Kevin's side when Kevin handed her the emancipation order as well as the restraining order against the two she practically jumped on him. Kevin had just handed her ... Her freedom they could not come after her or retaliate or make her go back she was free. Sean made his way toward her with his younger sister Gigi. Lluvia ran up to meet him with tears in her eyes she handed him the papers she had received.

Sean : Wow really wow I can't believe it I'm so happy for you so my Mom and step Dad want to go out to dinner after this I told them your my plus one ok so you can't say No. And I'll drop you off at your new place afterwards.

Lluvia : Yeah sounds great I'd love to but I got one condition I need groceries and other stuff you think after dinner you can take me.

Sean : So instead of partying with our peers we are going shopping....... of corse theirs a Walmart that's open 24 hours we can go they have everything there.

Lluvia : Awesome I need every thing bed sheets everything kitchen utensils,pots, pans plates, towels , paper towels, soap, shampoo and basically everything.

Sean : Cool then that's our plan we are out of here.

Sean placed his arm around her and kisses the top of her hair . Gigi wrapped one arm around Lluvias waist and they walked to Sean's car.

Later that day Manuel and Elsa walked in to Kevin's office and where made to wait over half an hour before being led in to the office. Kevin greeted them with a smile and had them sit.

Kevin : I'm so glad you two could make it .... Well as you know our little Lluvia is now 16.....

Manuel : What the fuck does that matter ......

Kevin : Everything. I hear she graduated today top of her class two years ahead. Well I'm sure your proud. So this should not come to you as a surprise as smart she is .... These documents are for you.

Elsa / Manuel responded at same time : What's this?

Kevin : Those are Lluvias emancipation papers .... She's no longer your problem. The other set of papers are copies of the restraining order filled against you two and you are not allowed to look for her or approach her under any circumstances ... Now I don't know exactly what you two dead beats did to her but I assure  you that you will never do it again.