And I Forgot My Dang Name

Alexander Hamilton did not like parties.

Alexander Hamilton did not like drinking.

Alexander Hamilton did not like being with drunk people at parties.

It was a different story when a drunk John Laurens walked into a party.

Don't get him wrong, Alexander still hated all parties, but it was tolerable when John was at them. He was cute when his cheeks were flushed from the alcohol. He was cute when he did anything, honestly.

Alex had never actually made contact with John. He had never talked to him, bumped into him at the hall or even met his eye. He had just studied him from the shadows. He was pretty sure John didn't know he existed.

He was also pretty sure he had fallen head over heals in love with him, too.

Alexander Hamilton had never been at a loss for words. The only time he would shut up was, well, when he was staring at John. That, or when he was sleeping, but he didn't do that a lot...

His face was propped on his hand and he was staring into space. Thats when Hercules Mulligan almost stuck his fingers in Alex's eyes.

"Dude-!" Alex started.

"Aaaand staring at Laurens again! Called it! You owe me 5 dollars Gilbert!" Hercules was grinning like an idiot. Or a drunk person. The second made more sense.

Alexander Hamilton made a point to never drink. It ruined your mind.

His two best (and only) friends, did not.

Lafayette (or Gilbert) groaned, and took another swig of whatever he was drinking as he handed over a five dollar bill to his boyfriend.

"I'm going to steal that back tomorrow," He grumbled before slumping onto Hercules shoulder.

Somebody clearing their throat distracted Alexander from the two lovers. He looked up to see a hand held out to him by the most beautiful boy he had ever seen.

"I'm John Laurens, may I have this dance?" The boy gave him a lopsided smile.

For the first time, Alexander Hamilton was at a loss for words.

For the first time, Alexander Hamilton had forgotten his own name.